Done / Completed Batman: Arkham Origins V2 cowl

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

coofunkcurly

Sr Member
Version 2 cowl is up for offer. Made to order. It is a 3 part in a sense but different than the V1. Cowl, neck/traps, and bow tie. Cast in 40 shore urethane, tinted (not painted) black.

Features some convincing textures of leather and fiber.

The bow tie attaches with velcro which I install before shipping. As the neck is meant to be form fitting I would caution anyone with a larger than 23 inch head that you may not be able to get your head through the neck hole as is (the cowl itself fits a 24 inch head comfortably). Us big brains may want to add a zipper or velcro to the front of the neck for ease of putting it on and taking it off. Less stress on the rubber this way too. So even smaller head guys may want to do it.

Alright, so here's the deal...full cowl is $250 plus shipping. I can add a zipper for you for $25 if you choose.

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

coofunkcurly

Sr Member
Re: Batman: Arkham Origins V2 cowl plus limited time bonus

As an additional limited time offer, for anyone that buys a cowl you have the option to add a pair of gauntlets or belt for $150 each.

Gauntlets are ready to wear and made of 80 shore urethane and dense expanding foam. Nylon straps are embedded right into the castings so they'll never come apart and can adjust for size via the included buckle.

Belt is made from self skinning expanding foam. Cast in grey but easily painted. Takes paint much better than urethane. Nylon strap embedded permanently into each casting for the entire length of the belt. Adjustable buckle included.

kdflash

These are top notch pieces! I'm getting a second origins cowl from Kevin

coofunkcurly

Sr Member

I think I will leave the free gadget offer open for about another week. Will still sell cowls, but on their own, after that.

coofunkcurly

Sr Member

I hope to have castings of the gadgets to show over the weekend. Missing parts on a couple of them so trying to get those printed up asap.

Athanasius

Hey Coofunkurly,

I don't mean to rush you, but would you happen to have any pictures of the gadgets?

Thanks heaps, I love this cowl and I can't wait to get mine in (hopefully) a few weeks!

coofunkcurly

Sr Member

I've been playing around with the molds to get some clean pulls. Also missing a couple pieces for the batarang and the explosive gel which are in the process of being 3D printed and will need new molds made. In any event, here are my successes. Should have a couple more to show this weekend.

Gives you a good idea how the kits look. They need the standard filling and sanding. All pieces have seam lines.

jayjayn

I haven't been on here in a loong time, just saw this amazing cowl run.Are you still not giving the gadget kit anymore? also do u have pics of the cowl worn etc?? How well do u think the fitment will be on a 22.5" head? thanks

vaderjeff1744

WOW! Just saw this! Now I can't decide between this & your Arkham Asylum cowl in your other thread I left a comment on earlier. I kind of like the 3 piece design of this, & it would probably be much easier to put on than the Arkham Asylum cowl, & allow for much more head mobility. Thoughts? Definitely interested in one of the 2 runs for sure.:cool

coofunkcurly

Sr Member

WOW! Just saw this! Now I can't decide between this & your Arkham Asylum cowl in your other thread I left a comment on earlier. I kind of like the 3 piece design of this, & it would probably be much easier to put on than the Arkham Asylum cowl, & allow for much more head mobility. Thoughts? Definitely interested in one of the 2 runs for sure.:cool

Definitely easier to get on and better mobility. The neck is actually a bit more narrow than most cowls so a zipper in the neck is almost necessary. That makes it a dream to put on.

vaderjeff1744

Definitely easier to get on and better mobility. The neck is actually a bit more narrow than most cowls so a zipper in the neck is almost necessary. That makes it a dream to put on.

That's great to know! Mobility & comfort are definitely high on the list of importance to me. This might sway me more towards this cowl than the Arkham Asylum cowl. That said, I may still wait to make a final decision until after you do a test pull on that cowl. By the way, is the bottom of the nose on the Origins cowl totally open? Can't tell for sure from your closeup pic of the nose. If it is, it might sway me even further in favor of this cowl, as the one thing I've disliked about several of my other cowls is that they are closed off on the underside of the nose, which leads to a lot of heat & moisture buildup inside the cowl. I realize I could trim or cut this area on these cowls to eliminate that problem, but I just have't been able to bring myself to cut this part off. I think it all boils down to the fact that once I cut it, there's no going back if I don't like the look! I'll definitely be keeping my eye on both of these threads. I'll let you know one way or the other once you have a bit more info. regarding my questions I posed to you in the Asylum thread. I've got some additional questions for you, so I'll probably send you a PM regarding everything else.:cool