Batman Arkham City: Henchmen

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

oculus1857

The unsung Antagonists of the Batman Arkham City are the Joker's Henchmen. Everyone wants to be the Head Clown or as bad as the Bat, but I tell you being a henchmen is where it's at. Comfortable cloths, fitness program and flexible hours.

However, there is a factor of working in a hostel work environment.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

oculus1857

I have wanted to compose a how to on this costume to get others to join in. I did this for Mega Con in 2011 and I have learned a lot since then. Here is a list of how to get this done. I will post what pictures I have at a later date as well as helpful videos.

How to make this costume.

Boots - Combat boots, all black and any style will do. Don't lace them all the way up to the top. Leave the top 2 holes without lacing since they where them a more causal style.

Shirt - wanted to get the Arkham Asylam logo on a tank top, but never got around to it. A simple Hanes tank top under shirt from your local Wal-mart/Target will do nicely. What ever color works and you can distress it as you see fit. A time or two with it on in the yard will do nicely :lol

Hand/Fist wraps - Learned my lesson here and I will not be using athletic tape. >.< I would use boxing hand wraps. I didn't use these before because they were not long enough and the black labels they have on the ends.

I have in mind to user a combination of a fabric sleeve airbrushed with a wrap pattern on it then the hand wraps over it to help give it a faux look, look great in photos and feel comfortable all day.

Pants - This is the major part of the costume that really brings everything together. I used a pair of Dickies, Rinsed Brown color, because they matched in color and they where tough.

The leather I got from Tandy Leather. I hand sewed all of it to the knees and the straps around the legs. Made the belt, used black clips I got from some straps from Goodwill.

In retrospect I wish I would have bought a hide of 4 to 6 oz of leather at least for the leg straps, dyed it and then put them on.

The brackets\buckles for the legs I got out of a parachute magazine. Lead to some old Airborne stories from my Father after that package came in :thumbsup I would have like to fabricate those out of some thick abs or aluminum, but I just didn't have the resources to do that.

Face - To be a Henchmen for Mr. J you have to put your best face on. This part is the exclamation on all your hard work. Loads of tutorial on youtube on how to do this. I used Ben Nye because it lasted all day and it works. Took me a hour to get the make up on and even more practice to get it right.

Weapons - Do I really need to break this one down for you?

CaptainWales

The cool thing about an Arkham City henchman costume is its quite versatile too since once you've got a basic costume you can customise it to show which villain's gang you're a part of. I like how in the game there's some henchmen in more than one gang whose costumes incorporate elements of both gangs.