Batman Arkham bust 1:1 (Armored version)

darkseid

Hi guys.Here is my work so far with the batman bust.It is based on the amazing pepakura that simplecomplex made and i wan't to really thank him for all his hard work:rolleyes.I would also like to thank Muttmunson for giving the opportunity to own one of his batman arkham logos.I hope you like it. Any suggestions are more than welcomed:). What color do you think would be the best?
Enjoy...

20120108194504.jpg

20120108194523.jpg

20120108194613.jpg

20120108194629.jpg

20120108195216.jpg

With leds:)

20120108195810.jpg

20120108195855.jpg

Costas Fantastic work !!! What about a paint job simular to the cover art for the game. Oh and i love the illuminated eyes, very cool touch

Thank you Matt.Always meaning a lot coming from you.:) I also like the colors from the game.I will definitely try it:)

This looks really great! Although, he looks a bit happy... :lol

Thank you Kevin.And you are right about the smile:).The problem is that half of the people that have seen it in person said that they thought that batman smiled and the other half that he was angry.I don't know what to do:unsure.

Dudddddde, awesome!
Thank you:)
Wow, can't believe it's based on a pepakura file !!! Very great work !!
Thank you.If the pep is good then the final piece will be good with less effort.

Next update will feature the painted bust....

Thank you all for your nice comments.I think that's why my batman is smiling:)

Man this looks so good! Awesome job! Did you use the air drying fimo clay?

Thanks a lot.I am glad you like it.Yes i used the fimo clay.I had a lot of cracks of course but with some putty and bondo i fixed them:).I will try to do some painting this weekend if the weather is good:).

Two questions...
1. I have the pepakura file however because the pieces are so large, they spread over two or more pages. This format wont print nicely for me. How do I fix it?
2. How are you using the femo clay? Are you rolling it into sheets and using that instead of cardstock, or covering the cardstock with femo?
I plan to build one and paint it like a cast bronze statue and give it to my friend to add to his mass Batman collection.

P.S. Well done good sir!

Good lord, this is amazing! I can't believe this is from pepakura o.0

I personally like the wry smile - I think it's quite Batman-esque. The eyes are also a really nice touch - this will look great when it's finished :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back