Limited Run Batman 89 Remastered "Working" Speargun kit

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all.

There are some "older" models I don't even have a copy of myself, so on occasion I go back and update them to print a new copy. In this case it was the Batman '89 speargun that I did a few years ago with a working gearbox that rotates the barrels like in one of the screen props. (It was also made to accept a coil spring from a small tape measure so that the hook could be retracted, but I never actually tested how well it worked.)

Photos show the "raw" resin print, without any post-processing, but with supports removed. (Note: the hook is a little messy because I did an experiment with inserting brass wire into it for extra durability. Note sure it's needed, but I might try it again.)
1570534605674.png

The old version was "OK", but difficult to print with a nice surface in PLA, making it ripe for a remaster. The manufacturer that did the (rather expensive) brass gears for it stopped making them years ago, but a while back I got hold of a limited supply of similar gears. Not sure how many sets I have left, maybe 3-5, but I figured I'd offer up a few prints of this remastered version. The gears are ideally powered by a small "N20" 3v DC motor at around 100-150RPM. (Easily found on ebay.)

1570534668161.png

Each kit is printed as-shown from a high-resolution model in pro-grade engineering resin which has a silky-smooth surface and is more durable than casting resins at similar thickness levels.
1570534625824.png

Cost for raw Resin kit: $225
Gears and brass tubing
(will need to be trimmed): tentative, but probably an extra $50

Shipping will be about $20

Since I have a very limited supply of gears, these will be offered on a first-come basis only.

Send me a PM if you want one!

Note: If at least 10 people sign on, I will attempt to do the hooks in a special engineering resin that is made to be VERY durable (i.e. it will probbaly survive a drop to the floor and be very hard to snap). Since this resin may be prone to warp during printing, and may not be viable in the end, I can't try it unless we get a good number onboard since it's a pretty high investment to do a new material.

Here's a video of the old PLA version in action:

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back