Batman 89 Prop Replicas

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am trying to expand my non-batarang/non-grapple gun collection of Batman props. I love batarangs and grapple guns, but Batman has so many cool gadgets, that are less common. That's what I'm focusing on now.

I decided to start with some Batman 1989 props. I found some really good pictures of the smoke capsule so I decided that would be cool. I have modeled the parts for it in Fusion 360. Here is an image of the model (assembled) so far. I will update when I build the prop.

bat capsule assembly v4.jpg

I've got a couple of these that Guido made years ago. I can provide hi res photos of them but I'd say you've pretty much nailed the design already.

p6Oy49P.jpg

2M6CHqE.jpg

gregday thank you for the pictures. I think I found the top one on the internet. I used it as a basis for my model. It's so kind of you to share your pictures. I noticed a small change I need to make.

My next model is the Batmobile Remote from Batman (1989) and Batman Returns. I based off the Hot Toys accessories. It's probably not 100% accurate, but it fills a hole in my collection.

Batmobile Remote comparison.jpg

I just completed the Bat-Bomb from Batman (1989). I got this model off of Thingaverse. I had it printed. I did the paint and finishing. It's not 100% screen accurate, but it's good enough for a background prop with no screen time.

Bat-Bomb.jpg

A little progress on the Batmobile Remote. I have received the prints and made the polystyrene plate to cover the hole in the bottom. Weather will be better tomorrow so I'll start spray painting.

batmobile remote.jpg

Finished the smoke capsules. I'm not 100% happy with the "fluid". I used clear resin and added transparent dye. It came out too blue, it should be more blue-green. I may try again, but for now here they are...

batman 1989 smoke capsules.jpg

Those look good. For the smoke liquid in mine, I used blue Powerade (Mountain Berry Blast). I used the sugar free kind so it wouldn't leave as sticky a residue.

Hahaha, I love that it's now 30 years later and tackling the '89 props is still just as much of a thing as ever. The replicas are looking great, good job!

Thank you all. I am currently working on a display for my favorite Batman props (across all platforms). It's a big project consisting of 22 props, so it's going to take some time...

Again, thank you all for the kind comments and likes!!

Thank you. I hope you enjoy it. For the mesh I cut a piece of screening from the hardware store and epoxied it in place.

Sadly, very little reference has emerged for this prop.

Attachments

• PDVD_014.jpg
    PDVD_014.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 257
  • PDVD_528.jpg
    PDVD_528.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 321
  • PDVD_534.jpg
    PDVD_534.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 251
  • PDVD_537.jpg
    PDVD_537.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 335
  • remote1.jpg
    remote1.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 327
  • stop1.jpg
    stop1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 255
So it sounds like we are pretty free to make it however we want and still claim accuracy :)

I drilled out the printed "light" on the side of mine and installed a real (non-functioning) red LED bulb:

5XYiiuL.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back