Batman 89 Boots build

batfan10

Sr Member
Going to start making these for my display. Instead of sewing/gluing, I am going to have everything velcrow.

Current boots:

boots.png

Materials for new boots:

DSC03087.jpg

Got these at K-mart on clearance
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

shoes
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

These shoes would be cool too (maybe non accurate Returns boots?)

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Last edited:
ve made several pairs of these boots over the years. I don't think velcro is the way to go. You really are foing to want to glue/sew the uppers to the shoes.

Thank you for the advice. I don't plan one wearing these (as I don't make a good batman) and are for display. Would velcro (like industrial strength) still not be good?

I really don't think it would work, and even if it did it probably wouldn't look good. I have learned with Batman that you have to go all the way. I promise if you don't cheap out you'll be much happier with the result.

Got one boot almost done today. I ended up using velcro in case things didnt work out (a temporary aproach as I dont know a good glue). One thing I noticed though is that the boot wont close if I put it on. But for a display, it works.
P1050144.jpg

P1050149.jpg

boot2.jpg

boot1.jpg

P1050165.jpg

Nice progress on the boots so far man I'm really digging them...definately gonna blow away your previous boots in terms of accuracy!

I think it would be worth maybe giving the nike shoes a spray with some black spray paint. It shouldn't crack if it is ony for display purposes. They look really good, I just think that would finish it all off.

Out of interest, I was wondering where you got the rubber sections fr the front of the boots from please as I'm looking at doing an 89 Keaton Suit over the next possible 12 Months.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back