Batman 1989 Joker Hat

Conflicting sources on the web.

Who made the hats?

I'm inclined to think it was Dobs of New York, yet others believe it was Herbert Johnson of the UK (the Indy hat folks).

The only proof I have it was Dobs is the auction found here: BATMAN (1989) - The Joker's (Jack Nicholson) Fedora - Current price: £16000

The last photo you can see inside the hat and it looks like the Dobs.

I haven't found anything definitive on Herbert Johnson and they're connection other than them saving a pic on Pinterest of the Joker in the black top hat from the "Uncle Bingo, Pen is mightier than the sword" scene. That leads me to think they made THAT hat, not the main Joker/Jack hats.

Thoughts?

Conflicting sources on the web.

Who made the hats?

I'm inclined to think it was Dobs of New York, yet others believe it was Herbert Johnson of the UK (the Indy hat folks).

The only proof I have it was Dobs is the auction found here: BATMAN (1989) - The Joker's (Jack Nicholson) Fedora - Current price: £16000

The last photo you can see inside the hat and it looks like the Dobs.

I haven't found anything definitive on Herbert Johnson and they're connection other than them saving a pic on Pinterest of the Joker in the black top hat from the "Uncle Bingo, Pen is mightier than the sword" scene. That leads me to think they made THAT hat, not the main Joker/Jack hats.

Thoughts?
I feel like PJ Wares would be an expert on this. You might have luck reaching out to him on facebook.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back