Batlestar Galactica Paper Money

Reaver

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is anyone planing on making the paper money from the Battlestar Galactica episode aired on friday 1/27/06? Apollo gives paper money($100) to the girl after he spends the night with her. The money almost looked like concert tickets in both size and shape. Would be cool to own this paper prop.
Dave
www.vortexxpress.com
DLugo@vortexxpress.com

Interesting you mention that.. I was wondering if the "cubit" they found might be similar in function to our own American Eagles.. a bullion "coin" holdover from earlier days of backed currency.

I don't suppose either had any screentime before now? I'm not followed the series as much as I'd like.. it seems awful good, the parts I've seen. :)

Ah yes... paper money.

BSG_BM_papermoney02.jpg

Keep your eyes on the paper money. :lol

BSG_BM_papermoney01.jpg

And cubit. :D

BSG_BM_cubit01.jpg

BSG_BM_cubit02.jpg

BSG_BM_cubit03.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality grabs...

I believe the title is 'Black Market'.

Does that cubit seem particularly thick to anyone else? Notice the 'cut corners', like their paper.

Jay

Originally posted by Sith Sheriff Brody@Jan 31 2006, 02:10 PM
Arrgh... paper money.... *drool, twitch*

What's the title of that episode?

-Mike
[snapback]1172864[/snapback]​

Black Market.

We saw paper money in the mini-series at both the card game on Galactica and when Helo and Boomer were picking who got a seat on the Raptor. The metal cubits are seen just about any time there's a card game.

It kinda does look like the cubit has a reflection. And yes, the name of the episode is Black Market. I have the complete 2nd season on my iPod video and I put the new episodes in the day after they air. So which one of you talented paper prop makers is going to make the money first?????
Dave

BTW, did I miss something? I remember just after the Cylons wiped everybody out there was some dialogue about how there was no economy anymore, money was worthless in the Fleet. Now all of a sudden, not only do people have money again, but there's a black market for stuff? :confused

Did I miss an episode somewhere?

- k

Originally posted by Tripper@Jan 31 2006, 06:27 PM
Id say the Kubit looks thicker because of the reflection off of the tray under it.
[snapback]1172918[/snapback]​

That is correct, the Cubit is not that thick, it looks doubled there.

- k

yes it definatelly the reflections, i'd love to see the papermoney for thi, since firefly money has been out im in love with paper props

Originally posted by Reaper57@Jan 31 2006, 10:43 PM
Hey K,

you could have cropped that first pic some...  no one is looking at the Cubit. :lol

john :cool
[snapback]1173054[/snapback]​

There's a cubit in the first photo? :eek

While I *know* I've missed some episodes, that really makes perfect sense.

Once the immediate crisis of the attacks were over, it's only natural that some folks would find other people had things they wanted, and they had things other people wanted. Nature takes its course.

One of the reasons I really liked that episode (and Firefly, really) is the way it acknowledges that "people are people" .. trade and commerce are natural human behaviors, and don't go away 'cause you happen to have spaceships and rayguns. :)

Originally posted by phase pistol@Jan 31 2006, 08:21 PM
BTW, did I miss something? I remember just after the Cylons wiped everybody out there was some dialogue about how there was no economy anymore, money was worthless in the Fleet. Now all of a sudden, not only do people have money again, but there's a black market for stuff?  :confused

Did I miss an episode somewhere?

- k
[snapback]1172954[/snapback]​

One of the reasons I really liked that episode (and Firefly, really) is the way it acknowledges that "people are people" ..

I agree, I also enjoyed the episode for those reasons, and that's why I like firefly as well.

My impression of the episode was to establish that there is some sort of economy coming back, some sort of commerce is going on, even if illegal.

Good looking out on the paper money, I didn't even think on it. I'm sure that would look great with my future BSG blaster. Along with a cubit. :eek
Njc-----------------

I have been watching, love this show. I have been trying to notice things like that. I have seen the money all over but never thought about someone making it. And of course the cubits, like the original. Would be a cool accessory when in gear, if that ever happens.

There's no Cubit in the first photo. :$

Only paper money. :lol

- k

Originally posted by Krel Jedi+Jan 31 2006, 09:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Krel Jedi @ Jan 31 2006, 09:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Reaper57
@Jan 31 2006, 10:43 PM
Hey K,

you could have cropped that first pic some...  no one is looking at the Cubit. :lol

john :cool
[snapback]1173054[/snapback]​

There's a cubit in the first photo? :eek
[snapback]1173064[/snapback]​
[/b]

BTW note that the paper money does not have cut corners. B)

Anyway are we "sure" that's "money"? Could they be supply vouchers or something? Apollo is paying her for, uh, "prostitutorial" services, true, but perhaps "barter" is what we're seeing there.

- k

Well he's either paying her in money or in KISS concert tickets. Also, I think the reason shows like these are so good is because as was said before..... People don't change just because they live and work in space. That's what humanizes shows like BSG and Firefly. There are few sci-fi shows on tv and even fewer ones worth watching. The few good sci-fi shows are pretty much gone after a season or two so, when one like BSG comes along it becomes a must see. Besides, we need all thoughs wonderful toys.
Dave

Well the money shown other times in the show was about the size of Firefly/Serenity money. The bill Lee hands Shevon is likely folded a few times.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back