Batfleck Halloween Costume Help

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Batfleck, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Batfleck

Batfleck New Member

I want to be Ben Affleck Batman from Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice for Halloween but I don't have a lot of money. Is it possible to make this costume for under $200 from buying things on this forum? I have nothing yet. In your expert opinions, what is the cheapest way to do this? Thank you!

2. Bigbat23

Bigbat23 Well-Known Member

Not really. The cowl alone is going to be about that much.

3. Solefreak88

Solefreak88 Active Member

Wait until party city releases a 25$ version.

4. darkrogue

darkrogue Member

I don't know if I'm a little late in answering this question but it's completely possible. The drawback is that you have to do most of the work yourself. I'm working on a suit for myself and thus far I've made the entire body and a muscle suit for only about 50. I'm sure someone will come along and say that I only was able to do it for such a small price because it probably looks like crap but the truth is it looks quite good

5. Htofstead

Htofstead Active Member

If you have no skills and you want to make it look good $200 won't scratch the surface. A good cowl like Reevzfx DoJ cowl will set you back $250

6. Batwillz

Batwillz New Member

how'd you make the muscle suit? any pictures? thanks!

7. SuperVintendo64

SuperVintendo64 New Member

Foam is gonna be your best friend. Thick foam mats, thinner foam sheets, etc.
    You can do something like I just did, pick up a Blackest Night zombie Batman cowl by Rubies for about $20, remove the Zombie mouth, trim it up Plasti Dip it and BOOM.
    11898531_10205159501007284_6375194477231075601_n.jpg
    You can find templates for things like the gauntlets at the Foam Cave http://www.thefoamcave.com/product/template-for-dawn-of-justice-batman-gauntlets/
    Hope this is at least a little helpful!

8. teragon

teragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

To answer your original question Batfleck, no you can't make a DOJ suit by buying parts from the Junkyard here for less than 200$ unfortunately. That's barely enough for a cowl, for a close to screen accurate suit, I think it would rack up from 600$ for close enough to over 1K for screen accuracy probably.

But that doesn't mean you can't make one yourself ! The main problem is the cowl, I don't think I've seen a pep file for it yet, so you can either freehand it in foam, or buy a different, store available cowl and mod it like SuperVintendo proposed. The rest you can hand made yourself at minimal costs, although a nice dyesub bodysuit would really help make the suit nicer. Check Nomad's thread in the Junkyard, he sells a good one for less than 20$, and knows a place in china that can have it printed and sewn for you for 100$ from what I understand. That's half of your budget, but it would be well worth it I believe.

9. Bigbat23

Bigbat23 Well-Known Member

There is a PEP file for the cowl.

10. darkrogue

darkrogue Member

Im planing on making another thread when im all done but here is what i have so far
    036.JPG 036.JPG 038.JPG

Attached Files:

• 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views: