Base Muscle Dye Sub Pattern

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by PunyParker98, Aug 28, 2015.

1. PunyParker98

PunyParker98 New Member

So I know it's probably out there but this site is massive and im a little in over my head. I want to start making dye-sub patterns and was wondering if there was a free base muscle pattern already out there? Emphasis on FREE. Either layered or flat file. There's a few patterns I had in mind to make but I need a starting point before I can ever get to photoshop. Anyone have something or know someone who does? A male and female because my first thing I do will be power rangers, but definitely a male to do first. Anyone got something? Even just a file without muscle but flat colors that I could do the muscle myself?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  3. PunyParker98

PunyParker98 New Member

I've seen this and I love his suit but I was looking for just one solid color like a complete base, although at least that has a step by step guide

4. davekirk

davekirk Jr Member

5. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

Yup. Just delete the parts you don't need. Add your own fill layer.

6. PunyParker98

PunyParker98 New Member

Thank you very much. Are the pictures on there layered? Or would I have to get a separate file

7. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

Just create a new layer, and paint your own base colour. Make sure you have the right layer order though, or you might end up masking the muscle overlay etc.

8. PunyParker98

PunyParker98 New Member

Don't worry I intend to change details one to match my own physique and two because of Orhadar. I like that his muscle pattern is so highly detailed and not the same as everyone else's. Im gonna make a thread once I get somewhere with my red ranger Cosplay and the power ranger pattern will be free on there. Then im going to make a "torment" style spider-man. You know all the busy tiny little webs that mcfarlane and bagley did in the 80s/90s?

9. PunyParker98

PunyParker98 New Member

Okay I have the base done, progress is touch and go because I have to do it in class but I'm making a red ranger suit and my question is should I go bricks or no bricks, bat in the sun seam lines or no, etc

10. davekirk

davekirk Jr Member

i think you should make something totally different to batinthesun, i made a power ranger pattern recently and did something totally different. Also have you got any pics of your base?