Baron Boutique 11th doctor overcoat

protokev DMD

Sr Member
So a few weeks ago I started talking to baron about getting the new overcoat that appears in tomorrow's episode of doctor who. Two weeks ago I pulled the trigger.

Fifteen minutes ago this arrived
6f02e002.jpg

ef1863b3.jpg

Now for having few references I feel they did a mighty fine job, especially to get it to me in time for D*C. I will document it fully soon but I'm about to go to a party so only iPhone pics for now.

My only complaints without scrutinizing pictures are that the vent in back should be longer, and that the buttons are too shiny. It is a tad too long, but that's my fault for the bad measurement as I took it myself at 12:30 one night after getting the email that they were ready to proceed.

So I have an overcoat now...overcoats are cool

Last edited:
Re: Baraon Boutique 11th doctor overcoat

Love the jacket but my only complaint would be is it is a liitle long on you. It should stop just above the knee but other than that it is awesome.

Thanks all.

@thorny: for the length, I screwed up the measuring. I got the email from baron that they had everything but the length at about midnight and I rushed to get it and in my tired state I screwed up.

I figure shortening is a lot easier than lengthening...I just will have to deal at dc.

As far as cost and availability. I can't be sure what it will be. In my talks baron revealed they are getting ready to update the site format, and that the new products will not be avaiable till then.

It sounded like two months at least.
The price was comparable to their other overcoats, but it could change so I don't want to put them in a corner.

looks good to me not a stitch Nazi like some:lol

do you think they will have it up soon on web page or by request for now?

humm want to much stuff right now:cry

Probably a few months on the page. You'd have to ask.

I'm really happy with it. Even with the faults, to get it to me in a short time frame with only a handful of small low res (until about five days ago) pictures, they did a fantastic job

I know they are changing page and price etc but surely you can give us the price you paid for it. Surely that not a secret is it??

Honestly they asked me what I felt was a fair price. I set the price I paid. Based on their other coats I offered 350. They accepted

Last edited:

Looks awesome Kev. Hopefully I'll have a chance to see it in person at DC and get some pics.

What about as an overcoat? I've never ordered outerwear from Baron before -is it more on the "costume" end of things, or does it pass for a "real" greatcoat?

It's a real coat. It's definitely not costume quality. It's made very well.

I've talked to them recently and after the con they will be altering it for me to correct the vent length.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back