Baron Boutique 11th doctor overcoat

It does indeed. The material is hard to describe, especially without a working knowledge of fabrics. It's not fuzzy, but it's not smooth either.

After d*c I'll post a close up

I spoke to Baron Boutique about making me one of these coats and I enquired as to the fabric and I got this reply.

"Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your email.

We sure can make the coat but fabric is cotton. Price is $350 including shipping".

Matt's coat in the show was made from moleskin and although Kev's coat is fantastic and I do mean that, it is made of cotton which in my eyes detracts from the beauty of the coat.

I am getting mine made by a tailor near me who has quoted me £109 or close to $180 if I think my conversion is right and he will use moleskin for the job. I will let you all know how it turns out.

But once again let me just say Kev that your jacket does look amazing...

Ok I know it is cotton but it is woven a certain way then sheared to create a soft pile on one side. It is completely different to a standard cotton weave. So as you may have seen in the reply from Barons, when I asked about moleskin they said they use cotton which says to me that it is not woven in the way so it simulates moleskin or is moleskin.

Sorry for the brief response earlier. I was on my phone and it may have come off as curt.

Yes different weaves. I didn't see that you had asked about the moleskin.

The great thing about brain though is once they nail the pattern, which they are absolutely willing to work with customers on, they'll make things from any fabric that is sent to them. Within reason of course. I bet they would be a good option for making this coat.

The price your tailor is quoting you is super cheap thorney. Have you used this person before?

Yeah I have used him before. I have also sent pics and patterns to other costume makers as well. Just trying to find the best and cheapest option for all. It is a local tailor and I have used him for years so we have a good relationship.....But protokevs jacket is awesome.

The great thing about brain though is once they nail the pattern, which they are absolutely willing to work with customers on, they'll make things from any fabric that is sent to them. Within reason of course. I bet they would be a good option for making this coat.

I was thinking that. You can provide your own materials, if there's a good match at somewhere like JoAnnes.

Yea, I'll be sending more fabric in to Baron very soon for a number of projects, all of which were reduced by nearly half price because I'm supplying the fabric.

I didn't even realize this but AbbyShot released their first product photo of the 11th Doctor's Tweed jacket on their facebook page.

tumblr_lqwxq1we6i1r2oef1o1_400.jpg

Feels a bit off to me....

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back