Barnabas Collins-Johnny Depp/Colleen Atwood WIP

Hrm. I feel like if NONE of the original coats had sleeves, Colleen Atwood ( who made the costumes for the new movie ) would have respected that...especially if they're classified as an entirely different styles.

Or maybe she just liked sleeves better...

Either way, the Depp version is definitely with sleeves as are any of the statues/action figures/whatever you want to call thems.

To me it looks like the Frid versions were sleeveless but the colour version were with sleeves.

In other news, did you guys know there are replica rings and canes available?

are you talking about the series with Ben Cross from 1991

depp cane looks like the head is made of ivory and the cane had a spiral design to it

Last edited:
Some new pics:
385390_2706538189564_1440063003_33159476_1991357548_n.jpg

385257_2706537029535_1440063003_33159474_1095537934_n.jpg

Looks great, Chad! I love that there's a Barnabas thread; I am a huge Barnabas fan myself.

Thanks! I've been getting some cranky responses from people who seem to think the movie is going to somehow ruin the original series, which I think is rubbish. I doubt it will effect it negatively in any way.

I have to admit, I am a little nervous about Tim Burton doing it. But I am still excited to see a big screen version, and of course, you can't know if you like it until you see it.

well im sure Tim Grew up watching it so i have a good feeling he will want to keep it as classic as possible.
anyway im back from the dead and working on this one too. so far i have the ring my cane in the mail
here is the cane i got,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grey-Wolf-Ha...item5643e0cb23
i also got the Elope ring simply for cost, but i love it cause the stone is really a extreamly dark blood red as its discribed, if i find a plain gold ring i might pop off the gem and attach it to the real gold ring to keep my finger from going green

ill be modifying it to look like Johnnys, i would love the origonal though eventually, and probably make a more accurite Depp cane in the long run

as for the rest of the costume i plan on starting once i get the wool for my coat

It looks like my entire costume, from the sunglasses to the suit and cane, etc--------will be done in early May. Right before the film release. Super excited for Comic Con!

Hey Chad, love your inverness, I don't suppose I could convince you to make me one, huh? And by the way, Elope is putting out an official deluxe and standard cane in may. I already have it preordered from Entertainment earth! I too am a huge fan of Dark Shadows. My sister used to tell me about it when I was younger, and when they remade it in the 90's I thought it was awesome. I collected all the books about the original series and eventually bought all the dvd sets too. I personally am looking forward to what Burton and Depp are going to do with the movie, I just wish they would put out a trailer already!!

Hey Chad, love your inverness, I don't suppose I could convince you to make me one, huh? And by the way, Elope is putting out an official deluxe and standard cane in may. I already have it preordered from Entertainment earth! I too am a huge fan of Dark Shadows. My sister used to tell me about it when I was younger, and when they remade it in the 90's I thought it was awesome. I collected all the books about the original series and eventually bought all the dvd sets too. I personally am looking forward to what Burton and Depp are going to do with the movie, I just wish they would put out a trailer already!!

YES. Message me and I'll get you my info, and we'll make a deal.

Now that the trailer is out, all I can say is that I am super thrilled I got a jump on Barnabas and have mine done already. I recently finished his Medallion, and will post completed pics as soon as I can get a photoshoot lined up!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back