Barbossa's Jar of Frog - POTC 4, On Stranger Tides

Shylaah

Sr Member
Thread title change 6/18/2011
Formerly: What? What be wrong with an older man havin' a hobby?

Barbossas-Hobby-1.jpg

Barbossas-Hobby-2.jpg

Addendum 6/18/2011
Jack Sparrow's nemesis, Hector Barbossa has gone to work for the English crown and is seeking revenge against a ruthless enemy......he collected poison dart frogs and edged his sword with their "innards" to more insure the death of his enemy when they at last cross swords!
He plucked "this frog" from a fellow crew member who gave him disparaging looks for doing so! "What? What be wrong with an older man havin' a hobby?", Barbossa asked him. The poisoned sword plays a major role in the climax of the movie.

Shylaah

Last edited:
Re: What? What be wrong with an older man havin' a hobby?

When i first saw the first two pictures i thought:
What? What be wrong with an older man havin' a hobby?
"Well, for one thing you could have posted in the right forum, There is the OT forum for hobby threads... ":lol

Then i saw the third picture and my Brain kicked in with where that quote had come from.
Good work on it :)

:lol :lol Brilliant !!!!

Me too, at first I was "WTH ... :confused", and when it clicked .... :lol

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Okay, I must say... I don't get it :(
Please explain.. cause I don't know if it's the summer heat that has short-circuit my brain, or if I just don't know what the point was.
/D

I keep coming back to look at this thread :lol.

What an ingenious presentation and item !

Kudos again Shylaah. Hats off to you :cool

Many thank yous for all the compliments, everyone!

I wanted to post just the quote and the pictures to see how many would get it before I named the character and the franchise!! Will edit the thread title in a bit to reveal that to anyone still wondering..............

It was love at first read way back in February when my friend Sparrowed so generously shared the script with me--one of the best and funnest lines in the movie, IMO, and great fun trying to envision the scene from the script coupled with images that had been released up to that point. And it played well on screen--I was totally delighted and just had to have a go at making the "Jar of Frog"!! Maybe I'm biased, but I just LOVE it! Thanks again everyone for all the positive comments!

Shylaah

Yeah, when I first saw it early in the morning, I cracked up !

I said to myself "OK, this one will fox the Mrs. good and proper !", so I called her over and showed it to her.

Her words were "Oh, that's when xxxxx from yyyyy is zzzzz. Gotta rush. Bye".

:eek

She can just about identify the TOS Enterprise, so she left me speechless on this :lol

I'm sure its because it was still very fresh in her mind :confused

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back