Bane Muscle Chest

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by DwarFStrider, Apr 11, 2015.

1. DwarFStrider

DwarFStrider New Member

Hi guys, I saw this pic while searching around for Bane cosplay since I think I'll be able to pull that off, being a big guy and all:
    4bd800538392cc62cd844f2dbae83f72.jpg

That muscle chest looks absolutely fantastic and I was wondering if anybody here would know where to find something like that? All the muscle chests I find look horrible...

Any leads on the rest of the costume (like the mask) would be appreciated too!

Thanks!

2. SDGlyph

SDGlyph Member

3. DwarFStrider

DwarFStrider New Member

That looks awesome, but as you've said I only need the top. But thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I'm not planning on spending 2.5k :)

4. Jango Wes

Jango Wes Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So, what I'm reading is: I haven't done any research on this and want you guys to do all the work.

He sells just the upper section. It's still expensive but, I don't know if you are new to costuming or not, but if you want quality, you are gonna pay. Brandon is THE guy for quality muscle suits. There are several people here, and other boards, that can attest to the quality of his suits.

5. DwarFStrider

DwarFStrider New Member

I have done research, my friend. But I just haven't found anything (except crap). I'll contact him to get a quote for just the upper part. You are of course right: they look amazing and quality is indeed expensive.

Now, is there another "place to be" for the mask? I have found quite a few but nothing that strikes me as "great"...

6. Iggy

Iggy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

They have a upper body portion as well. It is still in the 2k range. For masks, that one looks more like just a simple Lycra mask.

7. DwarFStrider

DwarFStrider New Member

Okay, small update: I contacted Flex Design and we came to an agreement. They're doing a customized Super suit with added bulk, to get a kind of in-between Super/Giant.

This because of the fact that I already have quite some bulk of my own and also because I simply can't afford a Giant suit.

Additionally, I ordered a Bane Secret Six mask: http://www.elucha.com/products-detail.php?idp=622&idc=5&name=Bane's Secret Six Wrestling Mask

I've been looking around for a stringer bodybuilder tank top, but I'm going to have to wait to measure myself when wearing the suit before I can order something. Already I've seen that it will take some searching for this size & for the actual (plain black) model of Bane's shirt.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  8. DwarFStrider

DwarFStrider New Member

I got the mask, and I'm loving it! :)

Bane.jpg

9. DwarFStrider

DwarFStrider New Member

Current progress:

Bane.jpg

Still need to find a solution for tubing & wrist device. Will attend Antwerp Convention this weekend (yet regretfully without muscle chest, that's for later). I saw that there was somebody who did Bane belts on commission, but there was some kind of disagreement regarding delivery times and now he's been gone for a year...

Anybody know a good place for a belt? :D

Any feedback or tips would be more than welcome!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015