Bandai Resistance X-Wing Fighter 1/72 scale

Scarecrow Joe

Sr Member
Finished a while ago but didnt had the time for a decent photoshoot until recently. Hope you like.

31877320307_70e7ae9036_b.jpg
269A3308-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

31877332017_de41bc6a17_b.jpg
269A3310-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

46766206762_9e61e66fc6_b.jpg
269A3312-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

31877314577_b539b5ff02_b.jpg
269A3316-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

32943305168_74c287a1ae_b.jpg
269A3320-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

32943300068_c4cebdf15b_b.jpg
269A3331-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

45904143925_35b341c562_b.jpg
269A3338-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

And here I thought only JJ Abrams was a slave to lens flares! Terrific build. I have not even cracked the cellophane to open the one I have in the box yet, it's been sitting there for 2 years gathering dust as I slave away on the Zvezda.

I would however suggest toning down the use of multiple flares on a single image as it takes your showcase from realistic to the realm of CGI, unless that is your intent. You would likely only ever have ONE lens flare from one single point source in a natural capture. The laser blasts might be an exception but I would suggest fading one to 50% or more after applying the flare, especially since the X-wings do not fire simultaneously but with a staggered fire rate from each tip.

Your engine glows are okay in colorization, but where we are seeing the build from the front - you would not have perfect circle glows overlapping the edge of the engines, you would have the hard uncolored edge of the engine in foreground. Something like this:

Revellflight2.jpg

Anyway, the build is awesome, just offering a my .02 on the Photoshop.

And here I thought only JJ Abrams was a slave to lens flares! Terrific build. I have not even cracked the cellophane to open the one I have in the box yet, it's been sitting there for 2 years gathering dust as I slave away on the Zvezda.

I would however suggest toning down the use of multiple flares on a single image as it takes your showcase from realistic to the realm of CGI, unless that is your intent. You would likely only ever have ONE lens flare from one single point source in a natural capture. The laser blasts might be an exception but I would suggest fading one to 50% or more after applying the flare, especially since the X-wings do not fire simultaneously but with a staggered fire rate from each tip.

Your engine glows are okay in colorization, but where we are seeing the build from the front - you would not have perfect circle glows overlapping the edge of the engines, you would have the hard uncolored edge of the engine in foreground. Something like this:

View attachment 979938

Anyway, the build is awesome, just offering a my .02 on the Photoshop.

LOL!! Hey, you are over analyzing these! My intent is to be over the top indeed. I want them to look, CGI, cartoonish or over realistic. I even try to doctor the WB to look film like. Thanks for looking! BTW....that fighter is flying alone? No pilot? Guess it must be in some kind of remote control, huh? :)

LOL!! Hey, you are over analyzing these! My intent is to be over the top indeed. I want them to look, CGI, cartoonish or over realistic. I even try to doctor the WB to look film like. Thanks for looking! BTW....that fighter is flying alone? No pilot? Guess it must be in some kind of remote control, huh? :)

The Revell toy line does not provide pilots for their ahem.... 'models'. I built this before I discovered the joy of Amazon and Bandai, as I was then limited to what Hobby Lobby carried in their stores in terms of model kits.

As to over-the-top Photoshop - I think your presentation is currently showcased in the Star Wars Resistance cartoon as far as style - so a prescient use of technique my friend!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back