Bandai release schedule

Welp. :-( I just hope in ten years there aren't RPF-ers still waiting for a Bandai 1/48 Y-Wing. o_O

Reminds me of a friend who jokes about ppl still waiting for a new Firefly season and/or Serenity sequel.

Welp. :-( I just hope in ten years there aren't RPF-ers still waiting for a Bandai 1/48 Y-Wing. o_O

Reminds me of a friend who jokes about ppl still waiting for a new Firefly season and/or Serenity sequel.

I'd be very surprised if they still continue the SW line. I think if you want a 1/48 Y-Wing it's best to look other places, as in Round 2.
Help me Obi Round-Two Kenobi, you're our only hope.

TazMan2000

I'd be very surprised if they still continue the SW line. I think if you want a 1/48 Y-Wing it's best to look other places, as in Round 2.
Help me Obi Round-Two Kenobi, you're our only hope.

TazMan2000
Yep. As I've posted before, 3D printing is the way forward. :) Tons of good garage kits out there. Don't wait for Bandai, man.

Yep. As I've posted before, 3D printing is the way forward. :) Tons of good garage kits out there. Don't wait for Bandai, man.

Definitely. But some of the 3d designs are not accurate. I'm not talking about being slightly odd, but blatantly incorrect, in my eyes at least. I'm sure there are members here that are horrified at the errors of some 3D stuff.

Even the stuff that I created, like my Hasbro Hero X-wing modification....(which I wouldn't consider accurate), to some, it could be horrendous.

I was going to get the Deagostini X-Wing until I saw that the wing hinge points were not centered but hinged pairs of left and right wings. That was enough for me to pass on that. In retrospect, it was lucky that I did.

TazMan2000

Heck I'd be good with 3D parts for a Y-Wing that I might have trouble building myself, like the cockpit section. I think I could scratchbuild the rest pretty easily with good measurements. I'm not real good with scratchbuilding really curvy parts yet.

Darn. Saw the Bandai thread bumped to the top and hoped they had announced something. :(

Sorry Steven! I'm surprised that they haven't announced a 1:72 Naboo starfighter from the Mandalorian - seems like that particular vehicle was well-received by fans and had lots of people customising their own. Seems like that's one that there'd definitely be demand for (alongside a Razorcrest from the new media plus all the various OT and PT vehicles that have been discussed here) and that would at least keep the line ticking over for now.

I always replace the cannons on all my X-Wing builds with telescoping brass tubes. They last forever, look more accurate, and it's one of the easier scratchbuilding jobs to do. If the curved "C" shaped bits toward the cannon tip are still intact, just snip those away, use a pin drill to drill an appropraite sized hole and use CA to attach it to the rod. Piece of cake.

Thanks Hunk a junk! I suspected that the brass tube would be the easiest way, but didn't realise there was a telescoping variety. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks Hunk a junk! I suspected that the brass tube would be the easiest way, but didn't realise there was a telescoping variety. Thanks for the tip!

At 1/72, the cannons are thin enough that the very tip you make want to go with thin brass wire/rod instead of tube, but you can get the rest either from your LHS or just search for "telescoping brass tube" on Amazon and you'll have plenty of options.

I'll be glass half full on this one: As long as they are at least putting out something, there's still some hope that a new vehicle kit is in the future. Slim hope, sure.

the lord of the rings pippin GIF

Hey everyone is the following sale for real?

Bandai 1/72 Star Wars A New Hope Millennium Falcon Perfect Grade for sixty one dollars???​

I don't think so. I might be the Canary in the coal mine, but I just tried ordering and it got all the way through to processing the payment then failed....
If it's too good to be true, it usually is. I should have known better...
:-(

I filled my shopping cart with awesomeness worth+$700,..their total only $119,..they even want to give a discount of 34%,.....I emptied my shopping cart as fast as I could,..this smells like a scam!!!
Seems to me they collect Credit Card data and personal data,....

A lot of the prices at that site seem like "reasonable" sale prices--thinking of discount sites in the past--then they go overboard. I sent out a message to Grex since they are have been been responsive in the past, to see what they think. While I'm waiting, I went on quite the shopping spree. Cleaned out my retirement fund. Yay me!
Mike Todd

FYI, anytime you are shopping on a site like this a good place to start is the WHO IS database. The second would be obvious, nobody can even get one at the regular price and suddenly this site has them for $61.... :unsure:

In this case, the domain was first registered on 4/15/2022. That's pretty a new site and would be a good indicator to stay away.

Second, and this is up to the buyer to interpret, here is the contact information from the owner of the site (the contact us page says on the site says they are located in Texas, but um, I don't think so as the given address is fake and does not exist...):

Registrant Contact Information:
Name

Yuying Li
Organization

Address

Block G, Hepingchen Street, Shuying City, Jiangxi Province
City
Shuying
State / Province
Jiangxi
Postal Code
Country
CN
Phone
Non-Public Data
Email
umSg6mAXTGlW%2BOg4gZwecX5v43i8jzVBtTZZw2Q%2FXe4%3D.png

So, if you want to give your personal information away, and maybe snag the Revell 1/2700 Star Destroyer while you are there, feel free :)

This is 100% a scam.

Hey everyone is the following sale for real?

Bandai 1/72 Star Wars A New Hope Millennium Falcon Perfect Grade for sixty one dollars???​

This looks like one of those Facebook scam sellers where they show things like talking prop style animated projector pumpkins but then they send you dollar store pumpkins and a flashlight

They away with it because they can claim they sent you a product

In this case if you are lucky you will probably get the 1/144 Falcon since that $61 price tag is is about that same MSRP, or you will get the Chinese bootleg knockoff of it, or more likely some small cheap Falcon toy

Then when you ask for a refund they will allow it, but you will have to pay for shipping which often winds up around the same cost as what you paid for it

That effectively means you will be paying more than you are getting refunded so most people will just drop it there and give up since it is not worth it

FYI, anytime you are shopping on a site like this a good place to start is the WHO IS database. The second would be obvious, nobody can even get one at the regular price and suddenly this site has them for $61.... :unsure:

In this case, the domain was first registered on 4/15/2022. That's pretty a new site and would be a good indicator to stay away.

Second, and this is up to the buyer to interpret, here is the contact information from the owner of the site (the contact us page says on the site says they are located in Texas, but um, I don't think so as the given address is fake and does not exist...):

Registrant Contact Information:
Name

Yuying Li
Organization

Address

Block G, Hepingchen Street, Shuying City, Jiangxi Province
City
Shuying
State / Province
Jiangxi
Postal Code
Country
CN
Phone
Non-Public Data
Email
View attachment 1627678

So, if you want to give your personal information away, and maybe snag the Revell 1/2700 Star Destroyer while you are there, feel free :)

This is 100% a scam.
"{This is 100% a scam." - - I thought as much.

Thanks everyone - I am new to therpf and I have been heavily involved in my other passion - the Star Trek: TOS Phaser. I Periodically see various Falcon photos on the login page. And I came to this thread and saw the Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 Falcon was being re-released - so I did some low level searches...

I thought the offer was a scam.

I just did get the Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 Falcon two years ago on a credit deal. I really enjoyed putting it together. Once I am done with my current phaser project I look forward to learning back into Falcon building mode.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back