Bandai release schedule

Man, the hype around TFA was really a kick in the pants for the SW modeling community. Let's see some more announcements, Bandai!

SB
i wonder about the standing pilot figure. I thought they don't do that anymore and just add the flat shape figures. Or do they still add full body figures in the kits in Japan?

i wonder about the standing pilot figure. I thought they don't do that anymore and just add the flat shape figures. Or do they still add full body figures in the kits in Japan?

All the new kits produced after the licensing fiasco have been flats. Any kits that previously had 3D figures have been converted to flats

i.e. all new kits and re-pops have flats regardless of whether they once had 3D ones

Occasionally when buying online you might luck out and get one of the original kits with the 3D standing figures

There was also a standing figure set that I am pretty certain was originally created for and intended to be included as part of the 1/72 PG Falcon, much the same as the Fine Molds 1/72 included standing figures of Han, Luke, Chewie, Ben and Leia plus a few Stormtroopers

My guess is that Bandai, being unable to include them, but having planned on molds for them, probably released them as Gashapon collectible packs for the Japanese market to at least get them out somehow.

The characters are "pre-painted" and the Stormtroopers are unpainted

The Vader figure is the exact same sculpt as the one that was in the Vader Tie Fighter except it has a base added

SW-FIG033.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing new probably, but FWIW, new Revell catalog with Bandi repops section at 2:10 mark:

At least the Perfect Grade Falcon will still be available. I was hoping I could pick up the TIE Interceptor, but the one in the catalog was the Revell tooling. :(

At least the Perfect Grade Falcon will still be available. I was hoping I could pick up the TIE Interceptor, but the one in the catalog was the Revell tooling. :(
Let me know any Bandai kits you're looking for. I'm planning to make a model run somewhere in the next week or so, and one store has an impressive selection of Bandai Star Wars. I can't remember if the TIE Interceptor was one.

Let's pretend that was real.

That would be a pretty odd list of subjects to launch your Star Wars line-up with

Normally you start with kits you know will be popular subjects to grow equity and fund the next wave of stuff. I do not see any of those as blockbuster items

Since Bandai loves releasing new repackages...how about they at least give us a standard Tie Fighter twin Tie Pack for the mecha collection so I don't wind up with a bunch of Vader Tie Fighters I don't need

and along the same lines, how about a Snow Speeder Twin pack so I don't have a bunch of AT-STs

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back