Bandai release schedule

For what it's worth, BigBadToyStore just listed a bunch of the Bandai kits up for pre-order, I guess in anticipation of another production run. USA Gundam Store also has a decent stock (I needed another Tie Advanced and no one had it a few weeks ago)

Okay, so here's a conundrum I'm having with my 1/5000 SD. I want to drill a 1/4" hole in the back of it somewhere in order to mount it to the stand from behind. I initially thought about the engine section, but it's just way too busy back there. So I have the neck part that leads up to the bridge. My idea is that the hole would go here:

IMG_2544.jpg

After drilling the hole, I'll put some 1/4" tube in there so that it's clean. I'm 3D printing a stand to receive the 1/4" tube as well.

Has anybody thought about other ways of mounting this sucker from behind? I'm open to any and all ideas before I go hacking and slashing.

SB

Why not mount it through the garbage shoot? It'll be much less obtrusive.

Ah. I forgot to mention that I have an IR sensor in the garbage shoot to turn the lights on and off, that way I don't have to take the upper cake section off each time I want to turn them on.

SB

For what it's worth, BigBadToyStore just listed a bunch of the Bandai kits up for pre-order, I guess in anticipation of another production run. USA Gundam Store also has a decent stock (I needed another Tie Advanced and no one had it a few weeks ago)

Thanks for this. I hadn't purchased a blockade runner yet and was starting to panic as places were either out or the kits had jumped significantly in price. USA Gundam had the BR and 1/350 Falcon two-pack for $14, so I snagged one. Relief.

Ah. I forgot to mention that I have an IR sensor in the garbage shoot to turn the lights on and off, that way I don't have to take the upper cake section off each time I want to turn them on.

SB
Yup. I'm doing that for the Zvezda. Although at the 1/2700 scale, I'm hiding the IR sensor in the trench greeblies where it cannot be seen unless you know where to look.

View attachment 1298732View attachment 1298733

Brilliant!

I should have done that with my K'T'inga. Perhaps in the rear photon launcher.

Okay, so here's a conundrum I'm having with my 1/5000 SD. I want to drill a 1/4" hole in the back of it somewhere in order to mount it to the stand from behind. I initially thought about the engine section, but it's just way too busy back there. So I have the neck part that leads up to the bridge. My idea is that the hole would go here:

View attachment 1298554

After drilling the hole, I'll put some 1/4" tube in there so that it's clean. I'm 3D printing a stand to receive the 1/4" tube as well.

Has anybody thought about other ways of mounting this sucker from behind? I'm open to any and all ideas before I go hacking and slashing.

SB

Wrong thread? This is the Bandai RELEASE SCHEDULE

Just realised I've panic bought 11 Bandai kits instead of toilet paper since quarantine. I built two Bandai kits and enjoyed it too much. Spent much time watching stock disappear and prices rise. I was even in Japan in March and struggled to find kits that I wanted. Guest I lost faith that things would return to normal and Bandai would do more runs.

Just realised I've panic bought 11 Bandai kits instead of toilet paper since quarantine. I built two Bandai kits and enjoyed it too much. Spent much time watching stock disappear and prices rise. I was even in Japan in March and struggled to find kits that I wanted. Guest I lost faith that things would return to normal and Bandai would do more runs.

My LHS is back open, so as a show of financial support, and retail therapy, I purchased the 1/48 Bandai X-wing, my 2nd copy, and the 1/350 K'T'inga, my 2nd copy, having actually built the first!

Love reading about your builds and mods. But there's seperate topics for that or start a new thread please. No need to disrespect.

Shall we ask Art to lock this thread? It certainly appears, that the Bandai era of Star Wars models has come to an end.

We can always ask him to unlock it, if a miracle happens and they start releasing new material again.

No, leave it open because we never know when new information might hit. Things could change in an instant. Safe to say that for now things are on pause due to a lot of factors. It is what it is. Even voluntary social distancing will continue at least until a vaccine is developed and distributed, so having places to be social and discuss things -- even when there isn't much real information to discuss -- is important and has value. There is zero burden placed on anyone if a thread goes slightly tangential to the topic for a handful of posts. If we're killing time checking out RPF threads, it's hard to make the argument that wasting 20 seconds of that time reading posts that went slightly off-topic in one specific thread is somehow a harmful waste of time. If we all weren't master craftsmen at wasting time none of us would be here! :p

Shall we ask Art to lock this thread? It certainly appears, that the Bandai era of Star Wars models has come to an end.

We can always ask him to unlock it, if a miracle happens and they start releasing new material again.

Heck no.

I’d like to stay on target more however. That’s why we have different threads, makes it easier to find and discuss specifics or search for what you want.

Well, if no more Star Wars kit releases are forthcoming from Bandai - it was certainly a great run and they made excellent and detail-accurate kits that are the top of the line. I have some slight regret I did not purchase all their ship kits except for the PG Falcon, which was just too big and expensive. But outside of that I never grabbed a TIE Advanced or TIE Interceptor because I had the old MPC kits built those, a Slave 1 or AT-ST when they were reasonably priced. If you look on that 'Let's see your stash" thread, I have 10 kits to build yet - so I am not going to be in any kind of Bandai drought for the foreseeable future.

However, I will miss not getting excited about upcoming SW kits like we did when they announced their new offerings for the year. I remember the incredible anticipation for months on end from when they announced the Star Destroyer until it finally arrived. I read all the giddiness from you all when the PG Falcon was showcased before any kits were released. Even the Vehicle Model line of desktop ships I would get excited for - waiting for their site to say "Now printing", knowing they would be making their way to retail soon.

I had dreamed of seeing upcoming releases like a TIE Bomber, Twin Pod Cloud Car, N-1 Naboo Starfighter, ARC 170, and Republic Gunship in 1/72 (because 1/48 was proven to be more than a pipe dream), and since they managed to successfully create a 1/5000 scale - was hopeful to see larger capital ships like the Blockade Runner, Home One and maybe a modified 1/5000 kit of The Devastator in a do-able 12"-15" scale.

With hit shows like the Mandalorian and Clone Wars streaming - with other live action series forthcoming, it would be a major shame if Bandai did let the license expire when there are cool new ship designs there. Maybe this is when 3D printing and custom kit manufacturing via P2P begins it's real renaissance.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back