Bandai release schedule

Well, Bob Iger just said that Star Wars movies will go on "hiatus" for a while after Rise of Skywalker. Perhaps that will give Bandai time to focus on original trilogy stuff since there are no more movies coming.

If Bandai doesn't keep the license, I think whoever takes on the responsibility of it should work with Bandai. I'd want whatever company to realize the huge potential in working with Bandai to maintain the quality that made their kits sell in the first place. It would help all their model production if they can learn how to get close to Bandai quality. But I'm really not sure everyone would be so agreeable.

Funny how this thread is becoming pure speculation about license issues about which noone here has any information, while there is not even a reason to believe that there is any issue... can't we go back to modeling?
like there were any releases that we could discuss about lol.

Also hoping we will see lots of stuff from the Mandelorian TV show.

Doubt we will from Bandai. There isn’t even a release date for Disney Plus in Japan.

That sort of nonsense is really puzzling. I mean, in this day and age surely networks must know that delaying content or availability in different markets simply means that their core audiences will just pirate everything anyway, thus reducing potential markets.

I'd be surprised if we dont see Mandalorian stuff from Bandai if their license covers it, regardless of if its on TV there (they do have their own premium disney channel, so its not necessarily tied to disney+ there). Mainly because its OT stuff, and thats big in Japan. People forget Bandai have the license for Japan, not the world, they make what they think the Japanese market wants, and their stuff sells well there.

Bandai arent losing interest in star wars, Japan has lost a bit as the Last Jedi did not go down that well there. Theres still a fair bit from the OT left though, i'm hoping for a 1/5000 mon cal. Tamiya wont do star wars, Talaris hit the nail on the head, cooperative capitalism at work. Nobody else inside or outside Japan can compete with Bandai in terms of quality or quantity.

Just discovered this little R2 variant, set for release in Feb.

r2d2holo1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back