Bandai release schedule

Attirex

Welp. :-( I just hope in ten years there aren't RPF-ers still waiting for a Bandai 1/48 Y-Wing. o_O

Reminds me of a friend who jokes about ppl still waiting for a new Firefly season and/or Serenity sequel.

TazMan2000

Master Member
Welp. :-( I just hope in ten years there aren't RPF-ers still waiting for a Bandai 1/48 Y-Wing. o_O

Reminds me of a friend who jokes about ppl still waiting for a new Firefly season and/or Serenity sequel.

I'd be very surprised if they still continue the SW line. I think if you want a 1/48 Y-Wing it's best to look other places, as in Round 2.
Help me Obi Round-Two Kenobi, you're our only hope.

TazMan2000

Attirex

I'd be very surprised if they still continue the SW line. I think if you want a 1/48 Y-Wing it's best to look other places, as in Round 2.
Help me Obi Round-Two Kenobi, you're our only hope.

TazMan2000
Yep. As I've posted before, 3D printing is the way forward. :) Tons of good garage kits out there. Don't wait for Bandai, man.

TazMan2000

Master Member
Yep. As I've posted before, 3D printing is the way forward. :) Tons of good garage kits out there. Don't wait for Bandai, man.

Definitely. But some of the 3d designs are not accurate. I'm not talking about being slightly odd, but blatantly incorrect, in my eyes at least. I'm sure there are members here that are horrified at the errors of some 3D stuff.

Even the stuff that I created, like my Hasbro Hero X-wing modification....(which I wouldn't consider accurate), to some, it could be horrendous.

I was going to get the Deagostini X-Wing until I saw that the wing hinge points were not centered but hinged pairs of left and right wings. That was enough for me to pass on that. In retrospect, it was lucky that I did.

TazMan2000

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
Heck I'd be good with 3D parts for a Y-Wing that I might have trouble building myself, like the cockpit section. I think I could scratchbuild the rest pretty easily with good measurements. I'm not real good with scratchbuilding really curvy parts yet.

Somerset

Darn. Saw the Bandai thread bumped to the top and hoped they had announced something. :(

Sorry Steven! I'm surprised that they haven't announced a 1:72 Naboo starfighter from the Mandalorian - seems like that particular vehicle was well-received by fans and had lots of people customising their own. Seems like that's one that there'd definitely be demand for (alongside a Razorcrest from the new media plus all the various OT and PT vehicles that have been discussed here) and that would at least keep the line ticking over for now.

I always replace the cannons on all my X-Wing builds with telescoping brass tubes. They last forever, look more accurate, and it's one of the easier scratchbuilding jobs to do. If the curved "C" shaped bits toward the cannon tip are still intact, just snip those away, use a pin drill to drill an appropraite sized hole and use CA to attach it to the rod. Piece of cake.

Thanks Hunk a junk! I suspected that the brass tube would be the easiest way, but didn't realise there was a telescoping variety. Thanks for the tip!

Hunk a Junk

Sr Member
Thanks Hunk a junk! I suspected that the brass tube would be the easiest way, but didn't realise there was a telescoping variety. Thanks for the tip!

At 1/72, the cannons are thin enough that the very tip you make want to go with thin brass wire/rod instead of tube, but you can get the rest either from your LHS or just search for "telescoping brass tube" on Amazon and you'll have plenty of options.

edge10

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
the lord of the rings pippin GIF

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.