Bandai release schedule

Does someone know, if there's an aftermarket lighting kit with pre-wired LEDs for the Bandai ISD? (Not the super expensive LED unit from Bandai)

Does someone know, if there's an aftermarket lighting kit with pre-wired LEDs for the Bandai ISD? (Not the super expensive LED unit from Bandai)

Buy 6 3mm Warm white LEDs and 6 3mm Cool White LEDs here (or blue if you prefer).

That will give you the same thing Bandai's kit gives you for the cost of $21.60 plus shipping, And being 3mm LEDs they will actually fit perfectly in the Bandai LED holders since they also used 3mm LEDs

They are already pre-wired with resistors added so you have to do nothing more than twist the ends together and connect them to a 9 volt battery

The same exact setup will also work with the PG Falcon

Buy 6 3mm Warm white LEDs and 6 3mm Cool White LEDs here (or blue if you prefer).

That will give you the same thing Bandai's kit gives you for the cost of $21.60 plus shipping, And being 3mm LEDs they will actually fit perfectly in the Bandai LED holders since they also used 3mm LEDs

They are already pre-wired with resistors added so you have to do nothing more than twist the ends together and connect them to a 9 volt battery

The same exact setup will also work with the PG Falcon

Use a parallel circuit...wire all the red wires together, and all the black wires together...then wire them to the battery. You can use a simple switch wired in series with one of the battery leads if you desire.

On the subject of LEDs...

I always wire up my circuits outside the model, and run them for 24 hours before installing in the model. If one should fail, you’ll know BEFORE you build it into a model.

Nothing sucks more than having to crack open a finished model to replace a bad LED.

How did the Star Wars Identity tour do in Japan? It just wrapped up there in December. Maybe that helps Bandai decide if they keep the license. I read some were that the Identity tour took a loss in one of their latest showings. I forget which country it was. Could be Star Wars burn out, or poor advertising. I missed it when it was in Canada. I didn't even know about it until it was over.

I forget which country it was. Could be Star Wars burn out, or poor advertising.
It was in Sidney I belive.

Personally, I hate that "Star Wars burn out" argument. SW was fine for almost 40 years despite decade long gaps between trilogies, so is MCU for almost 12 years now despite throwing at us 2-3 new movies every year. What "killed" SW was poor planning of the recent trilogy (if there even was any plan), flat characters and disneys terrible strategy for adressing negative feedback back in the TLJ days. If we really have had "Star Wars burn out", then Mandalorian wouldnt be so popular. /rant

anyway, it looks like my theory that bandai might wait with the announcements until may the 4th might be true in the end. They're busy with their gunpla 40th anniversary this year anyway.

It was in Sidney I belive.

Personally, I hate that "Star Wars burn out" argument. SW was fine for almost 40 years despite decade long gaps between trilogies, so is MCU for almost 12 years now despite throwing at us 2-3 new movies every year. What "killed" SW was poor planning of the recent trilogy (if there even was any plan), flat characters and disneys terrible strategy for adressing negative feedback back in the TLJ days. If we really have had "Star Wars burn out", then Mandalorian wouldnt be so popular. /rant

anyway, it looks like my theory that bandai might wait with the announcements until may the 4th might be true in the end. They're busy with their gunpla 40th anniversary this year anyway.

Has Bandai ever made announcements on previous May thev4th events?

Because of the coronavirus, the Shizuoka Hobby show has been cancelled, it was scheduled for May:

Good post. Totally correct imo.

And no there was no plan, KK even admitted it. Unbelievable for arguably the biggest franchise there is / was.

Dodgy internet posted twice

Last edited:
Good post. Totally correct imo.

And no there was no plan, KK even admitted it. Unbelievable for arguably the biggest franchise there is / was.

It shows the arrogance of thinking they could slap the "Star Wars" brand on anything and it would make money.

Those days are long gone because there is now a lot more quality competition compared to the 70s and 80s for that kind of entertainment

That PG Falcon corridor sure took enough bloody test prints to get perfect. Feck.

89208373_10158423011111807_5307242021960810496_o.jpg

Hi all, pretty new here. I'm wanting to order a Bandai Millennium Falcon, but I'm not sure which version to go with. Does anyone have any recommendations, are the newer builds more refined/better? I grew up with the original trilogy but I love the sequels too, so I'm not too bothered which era, I just want the best build :)

You have many choices

in 1/72 you have the PG Falcon which has the full version or a standard edition.

The full version has a photoetch set for the grilles and has a lighting kit as well as waterslide transfers/decals

The "Standard" edition is the exact same thing minus the lighting kit, photo etch and decals. Instead it just has stickers.

However, you can get aftermarket photoetch and build a better lighting kit than than the one Bandai has for less money and with better effects.

These are based on the 3 gear A New Hope version of the Falcon. There are after market 3D prints you can get to convert it to a 5 gear ESB style

in 1/144 you got several variants from The Last Jedi through to Rise of Skywalker

The main differences are the sidewalls being mirrored in the Force Awakens version and the square dish being on both the Force Awakens and the Last Jedi versions as well as different seated figures. Older releases of the Force Awakens kit had a set of standing figures as well

The Rise of Skywalker version is basically the same thing as the Last Jedi version, but has a round dish.

This is the version you want it you are trying to represent the original trilogy Falcon in 1/144

It has different side wall details but for the most part looks the most like the original trilogy 5 gear ESB/ROTJ Falcon

in 1/350 you have basically a downsized version of the 1/144 Falcon featuring both the square and round dishes as well as a downsized version of the 3 gear 1/72 Falcon

Thanks so much for the reply, it sounds like the differences between the 1/144 are pretty minimal, apart from the dish. I thought maybe they might have made more modelling changes between versions but I guess not. Much as I love the original trilogy I'm in full on sequel mode at the moment so might go with the TLJ version (that reveal of it on Crait with the shadow flying over the ground :love:)

I'll have a look at the 1/72 PG version, and more importantly, how much it costs :oops:

Fingers crossed Bandai reveal some new stuff though, I love X-Wings as much as the next guy but I think I have around 5 of them now! Would love a 1/72 U-Wing, TIE Dagger, Silencer, Whisper or Bomber next...

You have many choices

in 1/72 you have the PG Falcon which has the full version or a standard edition.

The full version has a photoetch set for the grilles and has a lighting kit as well as waterslide transfers/decals

However, you can get aftermarket photoetch and build a better lighting kit than than the one Bandai has for less money and with better effects.

Got any tips on how to DIY or purchase a PG lighting system ?

Etchings I guess from the usual sources. But they can be expensive.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back