Bandai release schedule

For standalone models i think 72 is to small, 32 or 35 would be better. Nonetheless I had fun building the 72 Finemolds for the huge dio - but the Bandais ........
I started the B-Wing, and was bored soon after the start. It had more a Lego feeling than kit building for me. In fact i stopped building and put it back in the stash. Not a bad thing per se, but also not my taste of fun.
Details on the FM might be not that accurate as on B, but overall they looked better "in scale" than the comic-like panels on the Bs - and i had more fun on building them.

Today most companies can do what B does, if they put that work into a kit depends more on business decisions (money) than in knowledge.

I will put my boxes of bandaikits into our clubs next tombola. The gained amount will be given as every time to the childs cancer help foundation.

My 2 cents worth.

If they've started with 1/72 it'd be a hard sell for them to also do anything different at this point.

I've resigned to the fact that 1/72 is it and I have most of the fighters etc I need. Would still love a Tie Bomber and Slave 1 though.

With that said, one major point which could push them bigger is the advent of 3D printers getting bigger and better. Resin providers have already come down in price a long way. So there is real potential that they could take away some of Bandais small model business if they're not careful.

Some subjects really cry out for being in a larger scale- the Y-Wing for instance.
I do like the line of 1:72 fighters Bandai has produced- I enjoy displaying in mixed universe i.e. A TOS Viper parked next to a X-Wing. While small, they are big enough for exceptional detail and small enough to own and display a number of them in my limited space.

I'm with Mr. Baker. I like the 1/72, and have built most of them, but the fighters really do cry out for a larger scale.

Of course I'm crazy and wish they would do all of them in studio scale... but that will never happen.

The resin printers nowadays are pretty darn good... its to the point that if we could get masters of the hulls for stuff the greeblies would be within reach for most people... well maybe not most, but a lot.

Jedi Dade

I love these kits so much detail can't wait to see the razer crest in production heard the vintage collection was doing it man this is going to be a big ship even the box will be big so hope bandi will put this model out any way it goes I love them all yep

I'll have to have a look at the Razorcrest dimensions. But I'd guess at about half to 2/3 the size of the Falcon lengthwise. Width maybe a third and double as tall ??

I guess if there is a sliver lining, that set might have the waterslide transfers instead of the stickers. I believe the ROTJ set had them

well, it looks like rumours about bandai giving up on star wars model kits might be true in the end, today they announced their plans for the second quarter of the year on their tweeter and you can find there probably every model line they currently have (gunpla, dragon ball, ultra man, 30MM, sakura wars, evangelion)... except SW. Well, let's hope they'll announce something at may the 4th

As we can see on the bandaihobby.hatenablog.com, they had gathered all the fine Details of the Star Destroyer. Unfortunately, the 1:5000 SD is to small to have all the details. A Bandai Perfect Grade 1:2500 Star Destroyer Release would be the Crown of BANDAI's SW-Products.

"It ain't over until it's over." "The rumors of my death may be premature." "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??? HELL NO!!!" And all that.

The only question is: Do I panic now, or panic later? The answer: Yes!

FWIW they are doing another run of the Perfect Grade MF in April.

Also for what it is worth, Big Bad Toy store has a bunch of pre-orders for estimated arrival March 2020

All pre-orders are restocks for existing kits, but they are at a good price, many 30% to 50% off

1/144 Last Jedi Falcon $29.99

1/144 Lando Falcon $24.99

1/12 Grievous $29.99

1/12 Bob Fett $19.99

1/144 Slave-1 $24.99

It's a great time to not only get this kits if they have been on your wish list, but may also help show there is still enough interest to keep a license if they are on the fence

There may be no new kits announced, but the I think the restocks show they are at least still going, unless of course this is the one last hurrah

Also for what it is worth, Big Bad Toy store has a bunch of pre-orders for estimated arrival March 2020

All pre-orders are restocks for existing kits, but they are at a good price, many 30% to 50% off

1/144 Last Jedi Falcon $29.99

1/144 Lando Falcon $24.99

1/12 Grievous $29.99

1/12 Bob Fett $19.99

1/144 Slave-1 $24.99

My "Pile of Loot" includes the first two listed as well as K-2SO and a Y-Wing...it's slated to arrive this Friday. Now, if I could only snag another PG Falcon for $239...

Just to keep things in perspective, they did come out with new kits literally within the last two months.
"new" ;)

Also, what I meant wasnt that bandai will stop selling SW kits entirely, rather that it's very low on their priorities list and they might be fine with only one (or less..) truly new kit a year.

Thank you disney.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back