Bandai R2-D2

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jimmer

Excellent work, looks really good. Forgot to mention that you did a great job filling the seam on R2's dome. I picked up some Tamiya putty (gray) to do the same on mine. Had never used any type of putty, but I've practiced on a couple of projects and really like the stuff.

If you don't mind one more question, I got to looking and ,unless I'm mistaken, it's not possible to putty up the dome and then insert the blue parts (I planned on applying putty to dome, spray painting, then inserting the blue parts). Did you cut out parts of the dome, or mask off for painting?

Thanks

leyrich

I put most of the dome together then aid the putty then a light coat primer then silver and hand panted the blue the top bits panted after and no masking was needed

thank you

Leyrich. :D

leyrich

The plastic part were to red I try to mach the decals orange but it come out to dark so I will fix that.:D

Last edited:

Santini

I put most of the dome together then aid the putty then a light coat primer then silver and hand panted the blue the top bits panted after and no masking was needed

thank you

Leyrich. :D
What type of putty did you use? I know Bandai plastic can be finicky when it comes to oil washes, and I'd hate to use a putty that has the same impact.

leyrich

What type of putty did you use? I know Bandai plastic can be finicky when it comes to oil washes, and I'd hate to use a putty that has the same impact.
The type of putty I use is the red squadron white putty it work great for me.

astroboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I might try to get one of these for my 4 year old daughter. We could make one (unpainted) when she's sick from school.