Bandai R2-D2

Excellent work, looks really good. Forgot to mention that you did a great job filling the seam on R2's dome. I picked up some Tamiya putty (gray) to do the same on mine. Had never used any type of putty, but I've practiced on a couple of projects and really like the stuff.

If you don't mind one more question, I got to looking and ,unless I'm mistaken, it's not possible to putty up the dome and then insert the blue parts (I planned on applying putty to dome, spray painting, then inserting the blue parts). Did you cut out parts of the dome, or mask off for painting?

Thanks

I put most of the dome together then aid the putty then a light coat primer then silver and hand panted the blue the top bits panted after and no masking was needed

thank you

Leyrich. :D

Where did you get / what brand of Jawa figures are those? I've been thinking of a Sandcrawler Droid Sale Dio.

The Hasbro tow pack from 97 to 2004 liens there you go:cool DSC00376.JPG

Last edited:
The plastic part were to red I try to mach the decals orange but it come out to dark so I will fix that.:D

Last edited:
I put most of the dome together then aid the putty then a light coat primer then silver and hand panted the blue the top bits panted after and no masking was needed

thank you

Leyrich. :D

What type of putty did you use? I know Bandai plastic can be finicky when it comes to oil washes, and I'd hate to use a putty that has the same impact.

What type of putty did you use? I know Bandai plastic can be finicky when it comes to oil washes, and I'd hate to use a putty that has the same impact.

The type of putty I use is the red squadron white putty it work great for me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back