Bandai R2-D2 WIP

Pr3programd

3rd Model

This was my first time using metallic paints. I've discovered this paint hates sealant. Maybe it's because I used it directly on the plastic (I read that there were fitting issues with paints so I wanted to use the least amount of layers...mistake). So I will be weathering directly onto it. Which limits me to acrylics, right? I tested my wash (below) out on a piece of this paint and I can wash it off with water without removing any paint.

This lead me to making my first homemade acrylic wash using handsoap, water, and black paint. It worked pretty good, I think? As a panel liner, it makes thicker lines vs. Tamiya. Is there anyway to adjust this (more water?). I was thinking of removing all of it and re-creating a brown/black wash. And also a white/yellow version to create that sun worn look R2 has in the desert. Then I was thinking of picking up some pastels, since I can't seal this model, or a tamiya weathering kit orrr trying out cheap makeup from the 99 cent store for the sand effects. I'm open to suggestions or ideas on everything. Thanks!

IMG_20210808_030547.jpg

IMG_20210805_193931.jpg

Looking great. Love the chipping on the blue panels on his dome. Your wash looks great. I am a little curious as to why you cannot seal the model??

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back