Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

They may well have been. It was the 1970s.

But "reefer" is American railroad slang for a refrigerator boxcar. And Floquil brand colours were specifically designed for American model railroaders. Hence the railroady names - Caboose Red, Burlington Northern Green, Missouri Pacific Blue, Boxcar Red, etc etc.

Well, didnt know that.
you learn something new every day. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

First thanks for Gus76 and Toadmeister for the advice. I will investigate . . .

This paintjob ( better calling piece of art) of "very talented" SteveTheSwede is absolutel extraordinary!

Don´t Forget while listening to all those hymns about STS: you ALL do/did a fantastic job. Just a high standard here at RPF!

I wonder if anyone knows what "A" is. It looks like a greeblie, but is missing from the kit.

missing_2.jpg

"B" and "C" are also missing.
B looks like a simple styrene chip, so I simply added that.
C looks like a repetition of the same greeblie which is applied on the opposite side of the engine.
I decided to dismiss the thing for the time being.

I have almost finished weathering the saucers. Several bits and pieces still remain, including the sidewalls.

DSC06404rs.jpg

DSC06398rs.jpg

Amazing. Can anyone share the archive X panel designation for what color goes where. I am struggling a bit over here. Here is what I have so far. The I am looking to do the light grey panels and I have sp lettering here but I that seems awful tan.

IMG_1308[1].JPG

Boy, that sure is a honey, Lab. We're not worthy!

Thanks for the info on those missing pieces. I thought something might be missing from that left side docking ring, but couldn't figure it out. I'll see if I can clear photos.

I just gotta say, every pg falcon I see looks better than the last.

John Simmons is pretty much the best painter I know and at this point, he's got some serious competition.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wip archive x. Shows stark comparison between deck that is virgin reefer white and other areas that have had a mist of sp dark lark. 2B2B7D00-B903-47A9-9855-C4EF6AB74B97.jpeg

Was planning to start a couple months back but chickened out. But, yeah, maybe when the weather gets better. Just really worried about my lack of painting skills and of potentially of messing up the 400-dollar kit. Maybe if I stare at the beautiful work of the modelers here long enough some of their painting skills might rub off on me : ) Hey, I still remember your 1/144 work and your painting procedure -- that will certainly come in handy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back