Bandai 1:72 Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon

I can just about say that I'm finished with my Falcon! Took me about 3 and a half months to complete this model, which I enjoyed thoroughly. Sure had a blast putting this thing together. So enjoy the photos I took of the model and perhaps leave a comment.

20220926_224221.jpg

20220926_223133.jpg

20220926_224313.jpg

20220926_224712.jpg

Some natural sunlight shots.

20220927_173454.jpg

20220927_173306.jpg

20220927_173210.jpg

As well as night shots.

20220927_191523.jpg

20220927_191622.jpg

20220927_191716.jpg

20220927_191817.jpg

20220927_193258.jpg

Feel free to say something or whatever. Hope anybody reading this enjoyed the ride.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've got that one on there already. But whatevs, it's just one small part. If you find another location for the part, though, that would be good.
And looking at the recent pics posted you certainly did

I took another look over the sprues and stumbled upon a very similar looking part

In the instruction manual it did not stand out as well as the other two due to the angle they show the piece at but I am pretty sure this must be it

Part Q 8 on page 32 in the manual?

CaptureMFI.PNG

Last edited:
And looking at the recent pics posted you certainly did

I took another look over the sprues and stumbled upon a very similar looking part

In the instruction manual it did not stand out as well as the other two due to the angle they show the piece at but I am pretty sure this must be it

Part Q 8 on page 32 in the manual?

View attachment 1620807
Thanks. I found where the part belongs. Thanks for helping me finish my model!

Thanks. I found where the part belongs. Thanks for helping me finish my model!

Cool

You did excellent work on this with the weathering and I would hate to have pieces floating around

Plus you got me inspired to start working on mine again after pulling it out of the box and looking through stuff

I had painted the cockpit and some figures, but put it on hold while I tried to decide if I wanted to add additional lighting or open up the cockpit door to show the walkway

Cool

You did excellent work on this with the weathering and I would hate to have pieces floating around

Plus you got me inspired to start working on mine again after pulling it out of the box and looking through stuff

I had painted the cockpit and some figures, but put it on hold while I tried to decide if I wanted to add additional lighting or open up the cockpit door to show the walkway
Ok. Can't wait to see yours! Make sure to create a thread about your Falcon, and I might just check it out myself.

Can anyone provide a replacement piece for this part that broke off here? I don't know if I can contact Bandai directly for any spare parts, and it might just be a hassle to contact them anyway. If anyone can lend me this part, or perhaps make a copy of it, it would be appreciated! Specifically, it's this pipe that goes into this maintenance pit on the front of the model.

20230124_141013.jpg

Can anyone provide a replacement piece for this part that broke off here? I don't know if I can contact Bandai directly for any spare parts, and it might just be a hassle to contact them anyway. If anyone can lend me this part, or perhaps make a copy of it, it would be appreciated! Specifically, it's this pipe that goes into this maintenance pit on the front of the model.

View attachment 1661755
Is it the pipe coming in at the top of the maintenance pit? If so the easiest option may be to just buy a pack of styrene rod and make a new piece from that. Measure the diameter of the existing pipe and then search for the same or similar diameter.
The rod can be bent into shape by gently heating over a flame.

If it's just the pipe then a heat-bent piece of sprue is the perfect candidate!
Nah, I feel like that would be more trouble than it's worth, and it would be VERY easy to screw up! Also when you do get it right, it won't look the same as the original because it's just a piece of sprue after all.

Replacement parts from Bandai are tough

Depends when and where you bought the kit.

Bandai will only offer replacement parts to Japanese mailing addresses

If here in the states,, it would have to be a BlueFin branded import, and you would have to go through their service department. However, they will probably not offer a replacement part unless you can show the defective sprue part, or claim it was missing. Typically a replacement part for a piece that broke after building is probably not covered. I had actually looked into this before for a part I lost

If in Europe, you would have to go through Revell as they are the licensed distributor

Honestly as the other have said, it is a fairly simple piece

You can get pre-sized plastic rods in various mm diameters, probably even a size that would match the exact diameter of that part. Bending it should not be too hard

I could check my stash and see if I have any plastic rods of that size

Beautiful build & painting demonstrated in your thread. The Bandai 1/72 PG Falcon is an amazingly accurate model down to the minutest detail. The Japanese appear to have replicated the exact Studio Scale kit parts before reducing size. No way they got that degree of detail from just scanning access to the original. A fact that should add pleasure to your resulting model.
Having held these kit parts in my hand, I am astounded every time I use the PG model as a reference and place a greeblie on my build. Bandai folks had some real passionate individuals on their team.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back