Bandai 1:72 Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon

JV1138

Hey guys! I haven't posted anything in a LONG time. I've just been busy with work and school, and I haven't really built any models other than a 1:350 Titanic model. Just recently though, I was able to purchase Bandai's 1:72 Perfect Grade Falcon from Amazon for the cheapest price I found. This will be my latest project and I will post updates and photos over the next few months or so as I make progress. Hope you guys enjoy the ride!

20220616_023208.jpg

Last edited:
I asked my oldest brother, who is an expert modeler, to decorate the interior of the cockpit, and I think he did a wonderful job! I wasn't confident enough to do the cockpit with my skills, so I asked him for help. I thank my brother for his work on this. What do you guys think?

20220616_205816.jpg

20220616_210005.jpg

Your brother did a fantastic job on that cockpit, it looks great! Getting those decals to sit that nicely is no easy task!

Thanks a lot. I was afraid that I might mess up the cockpit, so I left it to my brother to work on. I could've done it myself, but the end result might not be as good.
Your brother did a fantastic job on that cockpit, it looks great! Getting those decals to sit that nicely is no easy task!

No shame in asking for help. The Bandai Falcon is an extremely accurate ANH Falcon in it’s 1/72 scale. Attempting to build a reasonably accurate Studio Scale model clearly shows me this at every stage of construction. Therefore, be happy in your work.

No shame in asking for help. The Bandai Falcon is an extremely accurate ANH Falcon in it’s 1/72 scale. Attempting to build a reasonably accurate Studio Scale model clearly shows me this at every stage of construction. Therefore, be happy in your work.
My brother and I agreed that both of us will work on this project together. I'm leaving the complicated painting and interior details to him and the exterior hull parts to myself.

More work on the main hull and pipes, as well as the engine deck greeblies are complete. Practically the entire ship is fully assembled. First batch of decals applied.

20220619_013417.jpg

20220620_041311.jpg

20220620_031422.jpg

Excuse the poor quality of some of the decals. I tried putting Micro Sol on them, but they ended up too wrinkly, and tore up
20220621_003339.jpg

20220621_003347.jpg

The bare plastic color is actually kind of nice, although it tends to look like plastic

If not painting it, I might suggest dull coating it after you do the decals. That will cut back the "plastic sheen" and also give you a decent surface to do some pastel weathering on (for streaks and such)

Just beware, keep enamel or mineral spirit based line panel washes away from any connections or they may dissolve or crack since they are unprotected

Stick to water based washes if you will be doing any

Looks nice, but you're not planning on painting it?
I'm not painting a base coat on it. I don't know how to get the correct color mix for the base color. This is what I did for my 1:144 Falcon. I skipped the base coat and did the decals and weathering, and then put several coats of clearcoat over the model. After a while, the model slowly turned a little off-white or yellowish, which captures the hull color nicely.

Can anyone suggest to me how I can possibly acquire replacement decals for this model? I've screwed up SEVERAL decals already, and I feel like I might need to replace them ASAP!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back