Bandai 1/48 X-Wing (moving edition) (updated pics)

blakeh1

Sr Member
I recently finished this up. I forgot to get some pics with my good camera and photo-booth before bringing it to work.

I used my phone's camera, so forgive the photo quality

Compared to the Fine Molds 1/48 version. Wow there is a lot of difference. Never realized how much before

And it's home for now on my desk along with some other 1/48 ish stuff

Last edited:
Re: Bandai 1/48 X-Wing (moving edition)

That looks great nice weathering chipping.. Yeah as you mentioned the pictures I hope you get some better pictures it's a little hard to make out some of the details a little blurry. I would love to get this kit its a shame that Bandai did not have the same concept with the lights and put it on a 1/48 Death Star tile. I have seen these like this one painted and weathered up so nice I feel the black controller thing kills it just a bit. Just my opinion...

A Trooper

Great job. Weathering looks spot on.
Got one of these on order for a companion for my Deago Falcon.
Have to agree about the stand though, going to have to work out a replacement.

thanks, the stand is a weak spot

On one hand it is a great mount for it, but I would think the base does not really need to be that big and it does make it look kind of toy like

Luckily it is easily removable from the stand, so you could always have another display stand for it and just plug back it into the stand when you want the lights on, or to open./close the wings

Last edited:

On one hand it is a great mount for it, but I would think the base does not really need to be that big and it does make it look kind of toy like

I guess with the lighting and everything its needed and the tile bases are nice but Bandai does not make very good display arms stands. The x-wing still looks fantastic and the lights are a nice touch and that's the real show here. I am currently working on a y-wing and digging through the net I came across your build up and must say it really looked spot on... Nice job. I will be checking it out a bit as I paint mine.

Thanks!

I brought in my good camera and got a some better (hopefully) pics during my break

I'm not too hot on R2's decals. They look very purple. I may have been better off trying to paint most of the markings and just using select parts of the decals

I have you now....

And my desk display

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back