Ban announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

Master Member
Evidently two of our more prominent members were banned and there's no announcement regarding this. I know permanent bannings are announced, but are these temp/partial bannings also announced with a reason?

Frankly, I've read through one of the of the threads that were in question - and I realize a Mod may have cleaned up the thread - but, I didn't see any reason for one of them to be punished (in fact, judging by the thread, another poster was much more in punishment).

So THATs what the Free Larry Young stuff is about. I thought someone was giving him away on the Pay It Foward thread :(

Thanks for your concern, JD, although i will admit, I am a little disappointed that it took you this long.

Thanks for your concern, JD, although i will admit, I am a little disappointed that it took you this long.
Art, I've bit my tongue on a lot of issues and still am.

I've also ignored your attempts at bating me more than once now (and I mean so in your snide little remarks like the one above). Rather than assume I'm going be question your authority and control, or be negative - why not try to be positive or at least avoid being snide in your remarks towards me?

You control the forum, Art. The RPF is yours to use and exploit as you wish, I'm only asking a question here. You can ignore it, make some off hand comment that has nothing to do with the issue or you can address it directly.

Frankly, it is straight forward question: usually banned members get some sort of posting here or in the Annoucements area; recently a couple of members were banned and no announcement was made - will there be some sort of announcement?

OH no - MicDavis got banned. He just posted all that great history.

What in the world?

OH no - MicDavis got banned. He just posted all that great history.

What in the world?

Mic and Larry aren't permanently banned or even banned from the site. They are just banned from the OT and Movie Forums for the next 30 days.

I strongly recommend you just keep on with it then.
I love the bating and implied threats from the Admin - great way to lead by example!! You're doing a great job, Art... if you want to alienate and goad members. I honestly, think you are reading way too much into my posts and then rather than just address things simply and civil-like, you automatically go on the defensive and attack me (in your passive-aggressive way)... and yeah, I take the bait you leave out there. And I even get implied threats from the Admin - yup, leadership by example at its finest. But, I digress...

I think we all understand that two members where banned (albeit limited).

On this site there is a thread that lists banned members and their infraction. However, I'll repeat my question: do temporary/limited banned members get announced?

I'm guessing that since Art, our fearful leader/owner/admin extraordinaire has completely avoided the question - that the answer is no. Or maybe in some cases it is, but at least in this case the answer is no.

I'll state my argument here and now for simplicity's sake: not announcing bannings (even temp/limited) makes it difficult because we don't know they're banned and we don't know what we did, so we can't repeat their error.

More importantly, we can't question the reasoning for a banning... we can't ask questions about it, we can't discuss. To which I can only say: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who watches the watchmen?

More importantly, we can't question the reasoning for a banning... we can't ask questions about it, we can't discuss. To which I can only say: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who watches the watchmen?

You wonder why I have no patience with you, JD? It is because this last paragraph is your only interest here. You LOVE jumping at every opportunity to see if you can dredge up dirt. You don't care about the community. You don't care about the banning notices or reasons. You are simply a bottom-feeder, who is looking for a morsel to float down to you so you can shake your fist at an authority figure and talk about fighting the power or some such self-indulgent crap. Go slither back under your rock or find another site to bother.

Is the "threat" spelled out clearly enough? I want to make sure it is expressed plainly and not "implied."

You wonder why I have no patience with you, JD? It is because this last paragraph is your only interest here. You LOVE jumping at every opportunity to see if you can dredge up dirt. You don't care about the community. You don't care about the banning notices or reasons. You are simply a bottom-feeder, who is looking for a morsel to float down to you so you can shake your fist at an authority figure and talk about fighting the power or some such self-indulgent crap. Go slither back under your rock or find another site to bother.

Is the "threat" spelled out clearly enough? I want to make sure it is expressed plainly and not "implied."
All I asked is if these bannings get announcements.. that's all this was. You provoked the rest, read the thread Art - don't read into it.

You can call names and bait and make assumptions. But, all I did was ask a question.

I've avoided a great deal of so-called oppurtunities to ask questions. I care more about this community than you'll ever know. It is a community and I'm not trying to make a buck off it or exploit it... I enjoy it as a community. I don't behind threats of banning people and I (generally) don't call people names or make implications like you seem to be doing here. I harbor absolutely no ill will towards you, there is no conspiracy on my part towards you or the mod team.

I've let quite a few things go as water under the bridge... I've not talked about things that go on here that irk me, I've avoided questioning your authority.

I've enjoyed the community here, the discussions here. In the end, judging by your rant against me, you've already decided to ban me and this will be the post that seals my fate - all because I asked a simple question.. that you still haven't answered.

I'm going to PM you my phone number. I don't think you'll use it... but, just as a gesture. Maybe something is lost in the plain, cold text... maybe there is something that can be conveyed verbally that can't come through on this board.

I'm a passionate person - I'm a fireman, I'm a union man. Often that passion gets the best of me, sometimes I let myself be provoked. ...and I think I was provoked, I think its painfully obvious you provoked me, Art.

But, just to reiterate - and I've reread this thread many times now - all I did was ask a question and since then it's spiralled down, and not only because of me.

[snip]Frankly, I've read through one of the of the threads that were in question - and I realize a Mod may have cleaned up the thread - but, I didn't see any reason for one of them to be punished (in fact, judging by the thread, another poster was much more in punishment).

You say all you wanted to know was about temp bans being listed with an explanation, but the quote above and your avatar change show that you are not just looking for an answer to a simply question. You are attempting to stir the pot, and when called on it, you try and backpedal by saying that you are just looking for an answer to a question. Speaking frankly, you have a history of doing this type of thing that goes beyond the tenure of any present member of the staff, so to try and make this about anything other than your behavior past and present, is a bit disingenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back