Bambooie dreads

Nismo300ZX

Last fall I ordered bambooie dreads and then I just recieved another set yesterday. The first set from last year are very heavy and made of a thick, rough latex, but the ones I just got are made of a completely different type of material and are extremely lightweight. Did he start making different types of dreads? I can get pics if necessary...just very interested to know the scoop on them..

I have some 2 year old ones and some brought just before christmas and they seem very similar cant say I noticed any difference in them really

I have some 2 year old ones and some brought just before christmas and they seem very similar cant say I noticed any difference in them really

I'm wondering if this set I just bought are not actually bambooie althought the guy I bought them from claimed they were...anyways, I like these better so it's fine with me. I'll get some photos up later and maybe that'll clear it up more.

I'm wondering if this set I just bought are not actually bambooie althought the guy I bought them from claimed they were...anyways, I like these better so it's fine with me. I'll get some photos up later and maybe that'll clear it up more.

I have two different pairs of Joe's dreds and they are different in one respect.

One set came from very new mold and the oils from the silicone was still fresh which yielded a very shiny, very dark and slick dred
which I think look awesome.

the second set came from an older mold which yielded a gray matte finish dred which still has all of the other qualities that we have come to know and love from joe's dreds

i haven't gotten around to it but i think a can of silicone sealant spray will probably shine the others right up so they look like the gloss ones.

Seems like the seller lied to you.as vin said the only difference is if they're from the old mold or the new one.I don't recall Joe ever selling latex dreads.send him a pm and ask him.

I have two different pairs of Joe's dreds and they are different in one respect.

One set came from very new mold and the oils from the silicone was still fresh which yielded a very shiny, very dark and slick dred
which I think look awesome.

the second set came from an older mold which yielded a gray matte finish dred which still has all of the other qualities that we have come to know and love from joe's dreds

i haven't gotten around to it but i think a can of silicone sealant spray will probably shine the others right up so they look like the gloss ones.

You basically described each set. The only thing else was that the older ones are MUCH heavier than these new ones. And the new ones do NOT have the mushroomed heads at the top. But thanks for the heads up yall.

You basically described each set. The only thing else was that the older ones are MUCH heavier than these new ones. And the new ones do NOT have the mushroomed heads at the top. But thanks for the heads up yall.

to my knowledge Joe has never sold anything but the self skinning polyeurthane foam dreds and never anthing with a mushroom head. What you are describing is a latex dred filled with foam that come from an eBay seller from the UK. I have heard the are a lot heavier than Joes

to my knowledge Joe has never sold anything but the self skinning polyeurthane foam dreds and never anthing with a mushroom head. What you are describing is a latex dred filled with foam that come from an eBay seller from the UK. I have heard the are a lot heavier than Joes

I think you just cleared it up with that
the new ones must be bambooies and the old ones mustve come from somewhere else...thanks vinmanmac

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back