BadassMonsters 2015 March-May Sculpture Contest Entry

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by BadassMonsters, Mar 27, 2015.

1. BadassMonsters

BadassMonsters New Member

Hello, RPF! Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

Background: I'm an Illustrator with a relatively recent desire to become more of a sculptor. I've been dabbling for a couple years and have found myself taking it more and more seriously. I've used a mixture of this forum as well as YouTube and my fellow sculptor pal to gather all of my knowledge and it's been an incredibly fun and challenging learning experience.

My Entry: Sloth from The Goonies. I drew up a fun little illustration a while back and have been wanting to try and translate my illustration style into 3D. I've also been wanting to attempt Resin making and thought this would be a good excuse to give that a shot. My version of Sloth is a mix of the screen version and my caricature of him. It's about 6 inches tall. This is also my first attempt at sculpting hair! I'm using Monster Clay and sculpting on a wood base from the local craft store.

Hoping for a positive learning experience with this!

image4.JPG View attachment image5.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image1.JPG

Where I'm at: I have my shapes in place and am getting into some secondary detail layers as well as tightening up little things here and there. Still working out a solution for underneath the Sculpt and how it connects to the wood base.

Hope you all enjoy! Looking forward to all you talented folks entries!

Cadeus likes this.
  2. Michael Bergeron

Michael Bergeron Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Good luck! Looking great!