Bad Boba Fett

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here's a bad Boba Fett costume I made in Jr. High. The helmet is cardboard on a kids race car driver helmet and the visor is a report cover. The chest armor is more cardboard and the rest is just whatever fabric or bits I had laying around.

I remembered I had some photos, but not quite how bad it actually was. But there it is.

View attachment 1307823View attachment 1307824View attachment 1307825
Here's a bad Boba Fett costume I made in Jr. High. The helmet is cardboard on a kids race car driver helmet and the visor is a report cover. The chest armor is more cardboard and the rest is just whatever fabric or bits I had laying around.

I remembered I had some photos, but not quite how bad it actually was. But there it is.

Don’t let George Lucas near those photos....your friend will be photoshopped and replaced with Temuera Morrison in the Special Edition version of the photos.

By the way, that's actually my friend in the costume, not me. And check out that matte painting in the background!

It was probably 1981 or 1982.
This is pretty fantastic for 81-82!! Things were very different back then. Information and references weren't as abundant and available as today.
Thanks for sharing! This absolutely made me smile!!!

I would have been jealous if I saw that back then for sure. I was only a year old but still lol. Thanks for sharing.

I also made a Vader costume but unfortunately (?) didn't take any pictures of it. The dome was base on the same race car driver helmet, with cardboard details and the same tinted plastic report cover for lenses.

While I did sew up a cape and inner cloak and fabricated the chest and belt boxes from wood, I didn't bother with armor or cod piece.

Pausing my VCR and using my old Star Wars picture books were my only visual resources. I guess that's easier than the kids in the 70's who based all there costumes off of what they could remember after walking out of the movie theater.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back