Bad Azz models Viper MK III Blood and Chrome kit

DarkKnight

Sr Member
I haven't finished anything for years, so I am working on tons of projects all at once, heres the new Bad Azz Models, Blood and Chrome Viper MK III, it an awesome kit, slightly bigger than the F&M Viper, see the comparison shots, very nicely detailed surfaces, test fits seems to show it will fall together nicely, now I just need to buy a DSC00932.JPG F&M Viper pilot

scale is an interesting thing, the Viper mk III is really big,although I haven't tried the seat to see what size it is, the other ships in the picture are about 1/24 scale, the MK III is a little bigger

The mkIII was a lot bigger than the standard mkII on blood & chrome. I wondered how they were going to incorporate it into the BSG universe. if the B&C series went on why did they go back to using the mkII viper?

according to what I read somewhere, the 3 superseded the 2 and the 2 was picked to preserve in museum, however the del reason apparently is that the MK III was supposed to be the original Viper, but it had a lot more detail than the II, so for cgi reasons they went with the II

according to what I read somewhere, the 3 superseded the 2 and the 2 was picked to preserve in museum, however the del reason apparently is that the MK III was supposed to be the original Viper, but it had a lot more detail than the II, so for cgi reasons they went with the II

so the mkIII design is as old as the BSG miniseries from 2003? Why I wondered was at the start of blood and chrome, young Adama is a rookie who is assigned to a raptor, when he really wants to get in the seat of a viper. At the end of B&C he gets his way. But on BSG Razor, in the flashback sequence he is a seasoned pilot who is flying a mkII. They must have decommissioned the mkIII due to technical reasons or something :p

just out of curiosity did you get ALL pieces with your blackbird kit in the pic? I got x2 blackbirds and 1 cylon raider directly from Kip and all kits were missing pieces. I tried contacting him to find out if I was getting these bits but he never got back to me after several emails. It's a shame really, every BSG resin model I've ever purchased including the FM models mkII I've had problems with the sellers/makers and never received my missing pieces. So now I'm hesitant on getting this new mkIII. Think I'll give it a miss.

I do believe I have all the parts for my Blackbird and the Raider I got from Kip, My first action upon getting a garage kit is to make sure all parts are present, as they are usually limited run kits, I want to let the maker know ASAP if I'm missing a part, Ive bought a number of Bad Azz resin kits Valkyrie, Stealth Star (keep breaking my wip) Razor Raider etc…none ever missing a part, I have lost lots of parts though…arrrghh As for your Raider, isn't the Moebius Raider essentially a plastic version of Kips kit? or maybe Im delusional
As for the large Blackbird, is there a part I can measure for you or photograph so you can scratch build to complete it?

I do believe I have all the parts for my Blackbird and the Raider I got from Kip, My first action upon getting a garage kit is to make sure all parts are present, as they are usually limited run kits, I want to let the maker know ASAP if I'm missing a part, Ive bought a number of Bad Azz resin kits Valkyrie, Stealth Star (keep breaking my wip) Razor Raider etc…none ever missing a part, I have lost lots of parts though…arrrghh As for your Raider, isn't the Moebius Raider essentially a plastic version of Kips kit? or maybe Im delusional
As for the large Blackbird, is there a part I can measure for you or photograph so you can scratch build to complete it?

thats what I did with all cases. I notified them of what was missing. Both blackbird kits did not have the hangar floor sheet, one of them was missing a couple of the engine brace holders and the cylon raider ( 1/24 scale. Also has the season 1-3 'face') was missing the base and clear rod. I emailed him numerous times but he ignored my emails. Pity, he seemed like a decent guy. I would have bought more stuff off him if he had only replied back.
The fm models viper was missing a few critical pieces such as the tail fin, cockpit tub and landing gear doors. All good with that though as I had three other mkII's stashed away so I just copied those pieces that were missing using extra silicone mold and resin I had.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back