Bad-Azz Battlestar Valkyrie

MML

This is the excellent little Valkyrie kit from Bad-Azz that came out a couple of years ago. I just finished it today so I thought I'd post a couple of pics.
The base colour is Tamiya XF-19 Sky Grey and the red bits are Tamiya X7 Red darkened slightly as I thought it was a bit too bright as-is.
After that I sealed it with clear gloss and gave it a wash with very dark grey oil paint; that really brought the detail out!
I still have to make a decent base for it.

On4OP.jpg

dKvmZ.jpg

fi848.jpg

vkiru.jpg

And the almost complete Valkyrie alongside the Timeslip Galactica and Bad-Azz Pegasus at various stages of completion... the Valk's not to scale with the other two though.
It looks a bit yellowish in this shot but that's the fluorescent lighting.

mhsh5.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!

How well is the Pegasus coming together? I just acquired one myself and considering doing a quick build up while I wait for the larger version to come out.

Thanks!! It's by no means the best build out there but I'm happy enough with it!

Yeah the Pegasus goes together pretty well, there are only microscopic amounts of flash to clean up and practically no air bubbles; everything went together pretty much perfectly, you'd swear it was an injection kit!
I only had two minor problems - where the middle hull attaches to the rear hull, the fit is a bit off. Some of the pins don't line up, but you can just trim them off.
The other thing was the hexagonal bulkhead at the back, behind the engines - there was a bit of a gap at the top and bottom, but you can fill it with styrene strip easily enough.

Still deciding on what colours to use!

Lo' and behold, look who I find again as I'm searching Bad Azz stuff....lol Martin, you've got quite a collection going this month, huh? I'll echo the statement made previously where a re-consideration of the Valkyrie was made. I didn't think much of this kit until now. I really like the paint job you did, and the detail it shows. I just wish the Galactica, as nice as the Timeslip is, was in a closer scale. That's the thing that has kept me away from the models for the most part. In the other thread with your Pegasus WIP shots, is that the same Galactica? It looks bigger in this post for some reason.

Again, beautiful job. Oh, and I didn't say this on the Pegasus thread. I love the lettering on the flightpod. It looks raised and truly does look like the show. I think that model would look even more exceptional if it was lighted.

Cheers,

Guy

Last edited:
Lo' and behold, look who I find again as I'm searching Bad Azz stuff....lol Martin, you've got quite a collection going this month, huh? I'll echo the statement made previously where a re-consideration of the Valkyrie was made. I didn't think much of this kit until now. I really like the paint job you did, and the detail it shows. I just wish the Galactica, as nice as the Timeslip is, was in a closer scale. That's the thing that has kept me away from the models for the most part. In the other thread with your Pegasus WIP shots, is that the same Galactica? It looks bigger in this post for some reason.

Again, beautiful job. Oh, and I didn't say this on the Pegasus thread. I love the lettering on the flightpod. It looks raised and truly does look like the show. I think that model would look even more exceptional if it was lighted.

Cheers,

Guy

Guy! I didn't know you were on here too, the username threw me a bit.

Yep that's the same Galactica - that's a trick of the camera - it's actually mounted on a stand! It's about 6" above bench level.

Ah, yeah, the Pegasus lettering - the letters are a couple of millimetres high so painting something like that would be awkward to do - what I'll probably do is lightly rub them with sandpaper to reveal the bare resin underneath. Voila, instant white lettering!

MML, you are bound and determined to get me to like the Valkyrie design, aren't you? (Seriously, she's my least favorite class, but you did a great job bringing her to life.)

MML, you are bound and determined to get me to like the Valkyrie design, aren't you? (Seriously, she's my least favorite class, but you did a great job bringing her to life.)

To be honest I would never have given her a second glance at one stage, now I can't live without her! :lol
I absolutely love the ship design on the show, especially the Valk.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back