Backyard Blockbusters

SWEET! I can't wait to check this out. I myself have been involved with a production of a fan film (I was the set photographer and did some grip work on Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, which I've mentioned a bit here), and I have to say, I think you've definitely picked an excellent topic for a documentary, for sure. :D

I'll definitely check that out if I remember it. I liked that Ernie Fosselius was in it. I LOVED Hardware Wars.

And I really have to check out that Star Trek: Phase II. That looked good and I've always preferred the old school Klingons.

Getting close to finishing the film - hope to be able to announce a premiere screening soon... but in the meantime, there were some stories were just too long to include, or didn't fit with the final versions of certain segments in the final film, so I've been posting these extended interviews as a way to build an appetite for the actual film... there are four online so far:

Sandy Collora talks about casting Batman: Dead End

Robbins Barstow talks about his other famous film, Disneyland Dream

Trey Stokes discusses getting to remix the original Pink Five at Skywalker Ranch on Lucasfilm's dime

Chris Strompolos talks about recreating the giant rolling boulder for Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation

I plan on posting a new one every Friday, so either subscribe on YouTube, or keep an eye on the Facebook page!

Last edited:
The Arclight Documentary Film Festival selection process has begun, and I need your help! Please watch and "like" the trailer at this YouTube link:
Backyard Blockbusters - YouTube

This is the important link - go to https://www.facebook.com/ArclightCinemas/app_173990205980784 where you can actually vote for Backyard Blockbusters in the "Entertainment Documentaries" section. They will be counting both the amount of views each video gets on their YouTube page, as well as the amount of votes the films receive on Facebook.

The five films in each category, based on the top trailers, will be shown at ArcLight Hollywood, November 5-8! Each night will feature two or three of the 20 films that were chosen by viewers on YouTube and Facebook. ArcLight will host a special gala on November 10 to announce the winning documentary and present its producer with $10,000.

Please share this link and request with your friends and help get the film into this festival! Thanks!

John Hudgens
Director, Backyard Blockbusters

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back