Backer rod dread beads

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Badgerhunter27

Whats up everyone, I have 3/4th diameter backer rod dreads but not sure what I really want to use for beads. So I thought I would ask those of you who use backer rod dreads what kind of beads you use? I really like the sets some guys are selling on here but seeing how backer rod is only one size in diameter a lot of those sets come with 3 different sizes b/c they tapered.

Thanks for your help
Bryan

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

backbone

you should get a pvc pipe or a pipe of some kind at the diameter of your dreads and cut that into sections. if you want, get some sculpy and put details on it, just be carefull with cooking the sculpy because the pvc could melt, metal would work better for customing them. hope this helps, i have only made a couple of dread beads that i threaded 3 dreads into to make it like a hanging pony tail kind of thing and a couple for the front few of dreads to decorate them.