back to the future trilogy re release in theaters

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by KrangPrime, Jul 19, 2015.

1. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

2. gobler

gobler Sr Member

oh, thanks for the link and heads up... looking forward to this.

3. Michael Bergeron

Michael Bergeron Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Marathon!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Crap, just realized this was today. :(

4. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

what was today? comes out october 21st...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  5. Michael Bergeron

Look at the showtimes. July 19th.

6. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

ahh shazbut. your right... I thought that was just because of the d ate of the article!
    sigh... it'a amazing I get anything right in this world...making simple mistakes like that ;o)

sigh. Wouldn't it have made MUCH more sense to do it on october 21st?

The Terminator likes this.
  7. The Terminator

The Terminator Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

AND doing it world wide :(

8. mkstewartesq

mkstewartesq Sr Member

Just to be safe:

You are all understanding that, while the marathon on TV (AMC) was yesterday, July 19 (I watched it myself), the actual theatrical re-release is still October 21, correct?

"Appropriately, the new Blu-Ray set arrives October 21st, 2015, the same day Marty McFly and Doc Brown traveled to the future in Back to the Future Part II.It turns out that won’t be the only way you can celebrate the classic time travel trilogy, because buried in a press release for the new Blu-Ray set is word that the entire Back to the Future trilogy will also be returning to theaters that same day."

Then:

"So if you’re one of those people who doesn’t own the movies for some reason, and you just like to watch them on television, then this Sunday, July 19th is your day. Here’s the schedule for the marathon on AMC this weekend:"

Or am I missing something?

M

9. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

boy, we are ALL kinds of confused on this, arn't we? nice to know i'm not the only one. ;o)

10. Michael Bergeron

Lol. My bad. I'll return to my first comment then...

Marathon!

:lol

KrangPrime likes this.
  11. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

one of the only times in life I can say 'see, I WAS right' ;o)

Michael Bergeron likes this.
  12. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 Master Member

Just chalk it up to a poorly written article, and move along. :lol

Michael Bergeron likes this.
  13. The Terminator

The Terminator Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just learned 34 theaters in Sweden will be showing the whole Trilogy on Oct 21st!! Awesooooome :D :D

14. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i hope we get it in a local theater to me!! this would be the first time i ever see it on the big screen!

mugatu likes this.
  15. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

I planto see it in the theater where we saw part 3 for the first time all those years ago. that theater is still open too...

I saw part 3 first run......and I THINK part 2 first run. wasn't old enough to see part 1 in theaters I think. but have seen it since.

16. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 Master Member

Kids. :unsure

:D

17. mugatu

mugatu Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I remember, as a kid, seeing the first one in a theater and getting all choked up during the part where George knocks out Biff. Good times, one of the greatest characters/character portrayals of all time: George McFly/Crispin Glover.

18. halliwax

your lucky, ive never seen it. for the 25th anniversary rhode islands largest theater was going to get it, i drove all the way out there to learn they never got it... still had the posters up though...

BTTF has always been my life, im a huge ghostbusters and star wars fan, but bttf has the largest space in my heart. i really hope we get it

19. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  20. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

ok got my tickts. boy i hope they emptythe theater before each showing so we can get a seat.
    I also hope the cubbies advance so we get a double cheer ;o)

21. halliwax

of course my local theaters are playing at 5pm.... earliest I'll get home is 7... looks like I'll be watching the bluray DVDs Wednesday night to celebrate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Riceball

Riceball Sr Member

For those of you living in the SoCal area, they'll be showing all 3 at the Twin Pines Mall itself, more like its stand in, the Puente Hills Mall. So, not only can you see all 3 movies again, but actually see it at one of the actual filming locations, and one of the key locations in the movie no less.

KrangPrime likes this.
  23. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 Master Member

The downside is that the section of the Puente Hills Mall that they used in the movie has been remodeled and reconfigured somewhat, so it doesn't look much like it did in the movie any more.

24. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

there was a little confusion on how the line worked in my theater, but thankfully everyone emptied out all times and we where able to get good aisle seats.

two and one where sold out. three, not so much. I like three better than two.
    and we say through two and three. I miss the attention span I had back then. it's really hard to sit through two long movies now. I could not have done all three.

25. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I saw Part 2 last night, it was really interesting to pay attention to what parts got laughs form a 2015 audience compared to what it would have been when it came out.

26. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 Master Member

The last time I sat through three movies in a theater was in 1983 when Return of the Jedi was released. A local theater held a special screening of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back before the first showing of RotJ, and it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. Now that I'm older and have back problems, it's sometimes difficult to sit through one movie if it's two hours or longer.