back to the future steam train scratch build

barrie

hello every one its been a while since my last post but here is one of my latest models made for a collector, a BIG model of the steam train from back to the future 3 which powered the delorean back up to 88mph to get the doc and marty back home.It is all hand made from plastic sheet with just a couple of kit bits and plenty of evergreen rod and tube. Let me know what yopu think this will help me to improve my model making.

every one keep safe and well
regards Barrie ( the old guy ) DSC04340.JPGDSC04336.JPGDSC04323.JPGDSC03881.JPGDSC04073.JPGDSC04145.JPG

Hi guys, thank you for your kind comments, the is approx 1/8th to go with a deloreran car which the collector I built the train for has already built along with a railroad track. There is quit a bit of flying by the seat of my pants in the model as finding plans or scales for it was like using a chocolate tea pot. The collector him self is going to add more detail in the form of rivets and paint work, as for size the model is about 5 feet long the tender is two feet long on its own....quite big and quite heavy. If you guys need any more info feel free to ask I am always keen to find out how people build things.

keep safe and well
regards Barrie ( the old guy ) here are a couple more pics of train in build.DSC03763.JPGDSC03683.JPGDSC03976.JPGDSC04115.JPGDSC03484.JPG

OK here are some more pics of the build it looks very rough in some images but it all seems to cone together at the end, the small train is oo gauge for comparison in size

keep safe and well
regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSC03334.JPG
    DSC03334.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 107
  • DSC04258.JPG
    DSC04258.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 109
  • DSC04246.JPG
    DSC04246.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 88
  • DSC04201.JPG
    DSC04201.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 94
  • DSC04196.JPG
    DSC04196.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 96
  • DSC04066.JPG
    DSC04066.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 98
  • DSC03773.JPG
    DSC03773.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC03661.JPG
    DSC03661.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 81
  • DSC03564.JPG
    DSC03564.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 100
Hey Mr. Old guy (my Dad is 75 and Grandpa is turning 94 in 4 days, March 18th, so you aren't too old yet) I think this looks great and can't wait to see it al together....and then on the tracks pushing the Delorean.

Hello Joberg,
here is the old guy himself holding the model, now you can see how big it is, and there is a two foot long tender to go behind the train.
keep safe and well, thank you for your kind comments keeps an old guy going.

regards BarrieView attachment 1555807
Hello Joberg,
here is the old guy himself holding the model, now you can see how big it is, and there is a two foot long tender to go behind the train.
keep safe and well, thank you for your kind comments keeps an old guy going.

regards BarrieView attachment 1555807

Absolutely great work Barrie on these large models of iconic science fiction movies. Your skill is admired by this old builder who avoids mirrors more than a vampire.

I guess I am not as old as I thought, its only a number anyway guys, thank you all for your comments, as for seeing the whole thing as a diorama I am hoping that the collector for whom I built the model will send me some good images once he puts the final detail and paint on the model.
I always ask the people ask me to create something for them to send me finished pics but not many have bothered or have just forgotten I will tell this collector that there are many people interested to see the end product.

now all of you guys ( you youngsters at 64 or there about ) keep safe and well
bye the way WHAT IS A MIRROR ?......never heard of such a thing.

regards Barrie ( the not as old as he thinks guy )

I guess I am not as old as I thought, its only a number anyway guys, thank you all for your comments, as for seeing the whole thing as a diorama I am hoping that the collector for whom I built the model will send me some good images once he puts the final detail and paint on the model.
I always ask the people ask me to create something for them to send me finished pics but not many have bothered or have just forgotten I will tell this collector that there are many people interested to see the end product.

now all of you guys ( you youngsters at 64 or there about ) keep safe and well
bye the way WHAT IS A MIRROR ?......never heard of such a thing.

regards Barrie ( the not as old as he thinks guy )
Exactly mate!...what is a mirror but a reversed image of your face that people will never seeo_Oo_O:p:p

This is looking so good. Your skill is very impressive!
thank you Mr Bauble having been making models since the age of 8, I guess it has just got better over the years, The collector has just taken delivery of the model and assured me that he will be sending me images of the finished back to the future project.
keep safe and well
regards Barrie ( the old builder guy )

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back