Back to the Future Prop Replicas by EFX Collectibles - BTTF

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Vivek, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1555989/db607e09d3/547507863/9d4ef617e0/

From their newsletter:

"We are very excited to announce that we are now the official licensee for the Back to the Future franchise. 2015 is the 30th anniversary of the release of Back to the Future. In fact it is almost 30 years to the day of the July 3, 1985 release date! Come by and see some of the creative, fun and unique ideas that we have in store!

Come by and meet Bob Gale the Writer/Producer of Back to the Future! He will be in our booth (3350) on Friday, July 10 at 11-12. He will be signing autographs and taking photos. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons research. The suggested donation is $20 for an autograph or photo with him (using your own camera). If his schedule permits, he will try to be in our booth again. We will post the latest information in our booth."

2. Vivek

I know one of the items they will be unveiling. Anybody want to take a guess? It's a prop featured in all 3 movies.

If you guess the correct one before the show floor opens, I will send the member a copy of the Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History book when it gets released in October.

You get two chances to guess. Once this thread reaches 25 posts this giveaway ends.

3. DeloreanRob

DeloreanRob New Member

I'm gonna say either 1) Time circuits (Destination, Present, Last time departed) or 2) Flux Capacitor. Those are my 2 guesses. I can't think of anything other than something on the Delorean that would've been in all 3 films. :confused

4. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

been in all 3 films.... hmmmm

5. Alric

Alric Well-Known Member

I would guess the hoverboard or may be a full size replica of the town clock :)

6. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well guess #1. The Deloreon time machine car.
    And #2 I would say the Flux Capacitor but since someone already said that I will just say MARTY McFLY STATUE.

7. joelgoodson

joelgoodson Well-Known Member

The Flux Capacitor.

Hope I win!

8. Moviefreak

Already guessed so that is off the table. First person who guessed it would be the winner.

9. TomVDJ

TomVDJ Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I go for Mr Fusion. Seen at the end in the first movie, and then seen in all others... Can't think af a second guess (flux capacitor is already said) so I keep it with that one.

10. halliwax

I have to rule out the flux capacitor and mr fusion because they are already available on the market... I haven't guessed yet still thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. TomVDJ

Why can't it be a prop that's already on the market? I really can't think of a prop replica that's in all the movies, which doesn't have a replica yet... (Unless it's some unsignificant prop that doesn't really stand out).

12. halliwax

^ I can't see them making something that's already on the market, a hard sales point of view. I can't think of anything besides the flux capacitor that screams bttf... i wonder if they are releasing a new "more advanced" flux capacitor...

so for the record I'm going to say my guess is a updated/ more accurate flux capacitor

let's see, I'm really curious to find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Moviefreak

Since I see more than one person NOT reading the post before them, more than one person will be picking the same items.
    I live how people post "flux capacitor. Hope I win" while two people before them already said it. So you might want to add to the rules.

1. The first person who posted an answer will take credit.
    2. Anyone who's answer was edited later will be disqualified as they could have seen an answer from someone else and decide to change their original answer.

14. JLeezy23

JLeezy23 Sr Member

1. Time circuits on/off lever
    2. Destination keypad

I can't think of any non available prop from all 3 movies besides parts of the time machine lol

15. TomVDJ

A lever as replica? That would be VERY lame... Anyway... I'm curious about what it will be... ;)

16. halliwax

i dont plan to win, i figured the first person who posted flux capacitor would have won.

- - - Updated - - -

plutonium gauge would be cool too

[​IMG]

17. Soxbrother

Soxbrother Well-Known Member

1. Time Circuits Display
    2. Flux Capacitor

18. MitasTouch

MitasTouch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have a feeling it will either be a background prop that has little importance, or already exists.

19. Hecubus114

Hecubus114 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oooo - oooo! I'll say Doc's pocket watch! (yes I edited my answer - but no one said it yet!)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  20. LTsmash1200

LTsmash1200 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Doc Brown's hair

21. LB66679

LB66679 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

the "outatime" lic from the DeLorian ?

22. Vacformedhero

Vacformedhero Sr Member

I would say the grays sports almanac or the fake cover was it oh la la

23. Vacformedhero

Vacformedhero Sr Member

Here's the images

Attached Files:

24. Moviefreak

But that wasn't in the first and third movie. This has to be a prop used in all three films, no?

25. Moviefreak

:lol

But what background prop could they do? My mind is blank on background items. Maybe the Uncle Jailbird Joey cake? :lol

It would be great if they do a replica of the Walkman, I know I would love to buy one.

26. MattgomeryBurns

MattgomeryBurns Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My vote is for the time circuits

27. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I know for certain they are:

1) Pitbull hoverboard
    2) Biffs Cane
    3) Clock Tower desk clock
    4) Lyon Estates Book Ends

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  28. Vivek

Joe Walser, team leader of Time Machine Restoration and co-organizer of We're Going Back helped design the lifesize clock tower clock and the entire line of BTTF products for EFX. It also comes with the panthers.

The answer was the Clock Tower Clock. Congrats Alric. PM me your mailing address and I will send out the book once it's released in October.

Here is a image Joe recently shared on FB. Even if they are not selling the 1:1 scale version, the miniature replica is a great piece to have.

19355830439_d2eeae171a_c.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    DB537 and MattgomeryBurns like this.
  29. Vacformedhero

Vacformedhero Sr Member

Town hall clock or stuffed Einstein ?

30. Vacformedhero

Vacformedhero Sr Member

Replied to this before I saw the end of the thread , well done

31. TomVDJ

Congrats Alric... Not too enthusiastic about this "prop replica", though... It's not really a prop, more part of the setting of the movie...

32. Vivek

I knew somebody would bring that up, but despite its size it's technically still a prop. It's a 'property' from the set and the word prop covers a range of items beyond hand held pieces.

Vacformedhero likes this.
  33. Alric

Alric Well-Known Member

LOL I only added that as a joke due to it size and only thought of it because its being used as a photo back drop at LFCC next week.

34. halliwax

oh nice! gonna have to grab the clock tower for sure

35. Vivek

Well Alric your joke paid off :).

And we are going to have this actual clock piece at the We're Going Back event in October, so fans can take their photo like Marty and Doc in sepia color.

36. OUTATIME1978

OUTATIME1978 Well-Known Member

Martys Nike Bruins in all 3 movies being a clothes prop:D

37. sarni1000

sarni1000 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So they are producing the Pit Bull hoverboard as well?

38. Jedifyfe

Yes and Biffs Cane

EmmaInCandyland likes this.
  39. markpoon

markpoon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

what's the story behind the blue almanac cover?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  40. Vivek

It's this book, not a prop replica.

41. Vivek

Closer look at the 1:15 scale Hill Valley Clock Tower Mantle Clock.

It comes with both pre and post lightning strike weather-vane as well as an interchangeable section of new and Doc-damaged molding. It's a functional clock with working lights and sounds.

Today (Friday) at 11am Bob Gale will be signing autographs and taking photos with fans and the full-scale clock tower clock at the EFX booth (#3350).

Note: The full scale Clock Tower Clock is for display only. EFX currently has no plans to offer replicas of them for sale.

[​IMG]

42. TopGear

TopGear Active Member

From the website action figure fury[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So excited for this the Pitbull is my all time no 1 prop to buy. Would love to have all 5 boards one day
    No sign of Biff's cane.in the pictures

Does efx have a european distributor/resellers? Vat and import duty will be massive if I get the pitbull, cane and time circuit

and does efx quality match the prices?

43. Quick2

Quick2 Active Member

Great update and thread. :)

44. Jedifyfe

They are making the entire Griff Gang full scale statues. Oh wait, that's just me and my friends. Lol
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

45. thatsmybuddy

thatsmybuddy New Member

Dude, you were all over my instagram feed. You guys rocked it! Loved the vide of you guys recreating the "What's wrong McFly, you got no *?" scene.

EmmaInCandyland and Jedifyfe like this.
  46. EmmaInCandyland

EmmaInCandyland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

CHICKEN!

Jedifyfe likes this.
  47. Soxbrother

Soxbrother Well-Known Member

From the pictures it seems like they're producing the time circuits display as well ? ( or at least I hope so :D)

48. halliwax

time circuits are way off from what the A and B car's time circuits are. the time circuits on display from eFX looks more like the circuits from the process car. the sad thing is eFX is the talk right now in the star wars section. i wouldn't hold my breath on this stuff, though i really really hope they pull threw. i wonder what the circuits price is going to be?

49. BTTFSpencer

BTTFSpencer Sr Member

Why wouldn't you want the time circuits from the process car? Pardon the maddalenaism... but they are the most iconic.

50. halliwax

idk i prefer the a and b cars, its set at a angle, there is also a crease/fold/step side on the passenger side. either way i have to have this replica, i just really hope it comes out. then if it does come out I'm little concerned about the company. there are allot of unhappy people with them right now in the star wars section. again I'm really curious about the price, with seeing flux capacitors and mr fusions at 400 bucks, I'm so curious to how much eFX will release the time circuits for. if this is 1000 bucks, even though i would want it i will pass, and use that money towards a screen accurate one