Back to the Future - OUTATIME Plates from Original Maker

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
FEBRUARY 8, 2023 UPDATE: 2 PLATES WITH MINOR DEFECTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE.
SEE MY MOST RECENT POST IN THIS THREAD FOR MORE INFO.

OUTATIME PREORDERS ARE SHIPPING NOW (DEC 2-5) ALL ORDERS WILL SHIP AS SOON AS THEY ARE PACKAGED AND READY TO GO.

This thread is for interest in a possible group order of screen-accurate BTTF 'OUTATIME' license plates.

See the photo below for a sample of the finished prop. These are full size 12" x 6" US size license plates.
The blanks will be another type, with sharper, more accurate debossed borders and slightly smaller mounting holes.

These plates would be made by the same company (EHP) that did the actual screen-used props for the movie in 1985, and will have 100% accurate details. Their ordering process is a little more complicated/involved than with most other businesses, but I have an account with them and should have no issues with this order.

The CALIFORNIA red/yellow details and THE GOLDEN STATE text are printed on clear vinyl, and the OUTATIME lettering is an adhesive-backed die-cut material, just like the originals. All details are sealed with a clear coat, with paper registration stickers added to the finished plate.

These are the exact same plates that EFX Collectibles was going to sell before they let their BTTF license expire.

There is another plate that is being offered in May through BTTF.com, but it appears to be a repackaged version of a replica plate that is already available elsewhere, so their plates will most likely have that same idealized / inaccurate detailing. That's fine if you want a cheaper version for a prop display, but the ones I'm offering will have exact, screen accurate graphics from the original source. Exact details, not an approximation.

The price for this item is $100 per plate, which includes free 2-3 day USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US.
Orders outside the US will have an added shipping fee which will be calculated by Etsy when you order.

UK and other international orders will take longer than usual to arrive due to the general slowness of Etsy's Global Shipping provider, and it could take 4+ weeks to receive your plates.

September 18, 2020 UPDATE: Pre-order is now closed and I am sending the group order in to EHP for production today.

September 24, 2020 UPDATE: I'm keeping the interest list active here for anyone interested in a second run. This will be sometime after I have shipped out the current orders.

September 28, 2020 UPDATE: ALL ORDERS SHIPPED

OCTOBER 2, 2020 UPDATE: Pre-Order list is open again for a second group order, now through October 26, 2020.

OCTOBER 27, 2020 UPDATE: Pre-order is now closed and I am sending the group order in to EHP for production today.

OCTOBER 28, 2020 UPDATE: EHP has confirmed they have received the order.

NOVEMBER 17, 2020 UPDATE: I have the plates and I'm getting the orders ready to ship.

NOVEMBER 25, 2020 UPDATE: All orders have been shipped.

FEBRUARY 27, 2021 UPDATE: Plates from the 2ND small group order will be shipping Late March / Early April

FIRST RUN - PART 1 - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
FIRST RUN - PART 2 - ALL ORDERS SHIPPED NOVEMBER 18-25, 2020

2ND SMALL GROUP - CURRENT ESTIMATED SHIPPING DATE MARCH 20-APRIL 10.

2022 - 3RD / FINAL RUN - CURRENT ESTIMATED SHIPPING DATE SEPT 2022

To save time, I will not be actively updating the interest list here for the group. I will be printing the shipping labels and keeping track of all the orders through Etsy. You will receive an email from Etsy with your tracking number when your shipping label is printed.

OUTATIME.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is for interest in a possible group order of screen-accurate BTTF 'OUTATIME' license plates.

See the photo below for a sample of the finished prop. These are full size 12" x 6" US size license plates.
The blanks will be another type, with sharper, more accurate debossed borders and slightly smaller mounting holes.

These plates would be made by the same company (EHP) that did the actual screen-used props for the movie in 1985, and will have 100% accurate details. Their ordering process is a little more complicated/involved than with most other businesses, but I have an account with them and should have no issues with this order.

The CALIFORNIA red/yellow details and THE GOLDEN STATE text are printed on clear vinyl, and the OUTATIME lettering is an adhesive-backed die-cut material, just like the originals. All details are sealed with a clear coat, with paper registration stickers added to the finished plate.

These are the exact same plates that EFX Collectibles was going to sell before they let their BTTF license expire.

Price would be $100 per plate, which includes shipping in the US, or $120 for all orders outside the US.

Estimated turnaround time would be 3-4 weeks after placing the group order for the plates.
I'll be sending the order in no later than Monday, March 30, so the cut-off for the interest list is 11:59pm (Central Time) on March 29.

INTEREST LIST

01. Jason (FB)
02. el toro
03. markpoon
04. Ron
05. Eric (FB)
06. Marty (FB)
07. Craig (FB)
08. masterjedi322
09. rockbottom
10. bigkilo
11. Titanic
12. pepperbone
13. Spyhunter2k
14. luke moonwalker
15. Pat (FB)
16. Ed (FB)
17. shinema
18. Halliwax

View attachment 1275980

This is Jason from FB.... you already have me on the list but can't wait!! Any chance these can come with some sort of provenance from EHP?? Maybe something to display with the plates?

This is Jason from FB.... you already have me on the list but can't wait!! Any chance these can come with some sort of provenance from EHP?? Maybe something to display with the plates?

Yes. I'll include a reprint of the original EHP invoice and a certificate/document with information about the plates.

Here is a photo of the other style of blanks that are available for plates. I believe that these are closer in appearance to the 1980s blanks.
This is the back of a different prop plate, but California plates and the original props have recessed borders that would look similar to this.

Which type do you prefer?

90057067_1613900022084079_6349389692869279744_n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back