Back to the Future-Marty's 1955 Shirt

MitasTouch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
These are the only costume pieces I have heard nothing about. I am almost certain they were a custom made shirts for the movie, but I could be wrong. Are there any sources for this?
martydoc.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-01-18-21h45m07s232_large.png

I’ve searched for the shirt before but never found any information about it. The folks at Secret Cinema made this replica for their production last year (not too accurate but definitely looked the part from a distance):

06.jpg

If you really wanted to replicate them, you could make the pattern in Photoshop and send it to "Fabric on demand" and have someone sew the shirt from the printed fabric?

The beige and green shirt appears to have a seam and a distortion in the repeat in the same place as the supposed Shah shirt. Maybe the pattern is just more random than I presumed but maybe it could be a clue. I reckon that shirt could be store bought and then altered later to fit Marty's style. It also looks like what I portrayed as dots are actually tiny text. It doesn't really make sense they would cover it with the green and black rectangles so maybe those were added later.
Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 4.45.00 pm.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 4.45.00 pm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back