Limited Run Back To The Future Marty McFly 2015 Hover Board Run. 2024 Run.

I managed to get the last one available, it was meant to be. I’ve always wanted one of these as long as I can remember.

Last edited:
@0llyhills. Quite simply screwed it to the main board, then covered the holes and screws up with the green velcro that goes on top. Keep it central to the middle bit of velcro in case you ever need to remove it, then you won't have to search around for the screws.
IMG_20220703_084716.jpg

@0llyhills. Quite simply screwed it to the main board, then covered the holes and screws up with the green velcro that goes on top. Keep it central to the middle bit of velcro in case you ever need to remove it, then you won't have to search around for the screws.
View attachment 1641778

Did you do it like this because the real ones were? Because on the ones missing the foot pads there’s no evidence of screw holes or any kind of fixture. I thought I might go with Velcro since it leaves no trace and is gonna be on top of the Velcro strips anyway

Did you do it like this because the real ones were? Because on the ones missing the foot pads there’s no evidence of screw holes or any kind of fixture. I thought I might go with Velcro since it leaves no trace and is gonna be on top of the Velcro strips anyway
To be fair, I have no clue how they attached the disc to the main board. I was covering it with thick velcro so it would never be seen anyway.
With these boards there is no hard and fast rule of how these were made. They had to look good on screen for seconds. Even close up shots you can see many in perfections. I don't think they ever made 2 boards that were assembled or were an exact likeness.
One board had green velcro across the foot pad, another had red. Some had no footpad at all. I've attached a screen used one with red strap accross it.
As for the attachment of the strap, it is just pinched under the pad by the pad being screwed down. There are no attachments at all. Pure pressure.
Screenshot_20221125_180312_com.microsoft.skydrive.jpg

To be fair, I have no clue how they attached the disc to the main board. I was covering it with thick velcro so it would never be seen anyway.
With these boards there is no hard and fast rule of how these were made. They had to look good on screen for seconds. Even close up shots you can see many in perfections. I don't think they ever made 2 boards that were assembled or were an exact likeness.
One board had green velcro across the foot pad, another had red. Some had no footpad at all. I've attached a screen used one with red strap accross it.
As for the attachment of the strap, it is just pinched under the pad by the pad being screwed down. There are no attachments at all. Pure pressure. View attachment 1641842
As for the attachment of the strap, it is just pinched under the pad by the pad being screwed down. There are no attachments at all. Pure pressure. View attachment 1641842
Yea I counted at least 3 different ones while he’s on the water alone

Thanks for the shout tho. I’m trying to get to the bottom of how it was done back in the day, but I’ll probs just Velcro it as I say or do as you did if I want it a bit sturdier.

Your boards are sick by the way! ‍♀

I have a replica, but these are quite good. Also, with this dedication that you put on them, you should at least try to make the Griff Gang's hoverboards, maybe as an "interest" thread, because a lot of us never got a great replica of them.
You made a very good job with this Marty one.

Last edited:
Thank you. Yeah a lot of research went into them. I have actually made 2 of griffs gangs boards already. I've made the Pittbull and the Notech. The other 2 are in the process of being made. I've cut the boards and primed them. Here's the Pittbull.
Screenshot_20230119_143441_com.instagram.android_edit_14643301447244.jpg
Screenshot_20230119_143450_com.instagram.android_edit_14634221865475.jpg
Screenshot_20230119_143455_com.instagram.android_edit_14625301892559.jpg
Screenshot_20230119_143510_com.instagram.android_edit_14605291717042.jpg
Screenshot_20230119_143503_com.instagram.android_edit_14615115488394.jpg

Great work. The only things I think don't quite match with the movie are the rocket engines. They should be more of a "hole" rather than a little cilinder sticking out. Maybe there are some original hoverboards out there with the shape you gave them, anyway.
I'd love to see that NoTech that you made too. I've been at London recently and saw original hoverboards (all of them except the Pitbull), and I really loved the 3 more "uncommon"from Griff's Gang. Are those harder to do because of the shapes?
Also, I think Question Mark may be the harder to make, due to the glitter paint all over it, and the graphics. I made quite a few photos and videos of the originals, in case you want them for reference. I know almost all that were made were different here and there as you said, but there were some cool details I loved on these hoverboards. For example, in the Question Mark board, the lighting bolts have a yellow "shadow". That shadow was painted (with a brush and fresh paint, for sure) after putting the red velcro, so it spilled into the velcro on that side.

I can't believe I've missed this - if there is ever another run or anything becomes available - I am definitely down. Cheers mamate.
I would love it if someone else made a run of these with the accurate "Honeycomb" lenticular, accurate board measurements and angles and everything, since I sadly don't have the skills to do this myself maybe even have the handlebar hole as well! I mean, at least make the body of the board with the hole, angles, and size!

Gonna give this a bump to gain interested in a new run. Would this be something people would be up for?

A new run has already begun. I've secured the last roll in the UK of lenticular. The boards are cut. Hopefully they will be ready in a month. I'll be listing on here then.
I really hope I have money when the time comes. Also that pitbull is sick lol. I actually still own the Pitbull Hoverboards Facebook page that I made like a decade or more ago lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back