Back to the Future 1 Nike Brunes Look Alike

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by ColdSpike, Jun 29, 2015.

1. ColdSpike

ColdSpike New Member

So last year I had a okay costume for Marty set up for Comic Con. It was a bought costume, but I was mostly happy with it. My shoes for it were black and white Nike's that were comfortable, but certainly not the color of Marty's. Recently I purchased a pair of shoes that I think look like his:

I'm worried they don't look enough like them (the Nike lettering and AIR doesn't help things) and I spend too much on them. I'm still trying to figure out if they even feel comfortable, breaking them in and all that. What do you all think? I tried finding Nike Bruins, but no luck in my size.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

2. MattgomeryBurns

MattgomeryBurns Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I always felt the Nike Cortez had a close resemblance (minus the waffle sole). They're cheap enough, but it might be a lateral move with what you've already got. Just white out the "air" lettering around the soles.

zoom.jpg

3. ColdSpike

ColdSpike New Member

It's funny you mention those, they did have them and it looked just like the Bruins, but they did not fit me well no matter what size I tried. They were veryyy tight.

4. MattgomeryBurns

MattgomeryBurns Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ah, the curse of a wide foot. I too suffer from that affliction :behave

5. ColdSpike

ColdSpike New Member

Kind a yeah. Anyway I wasalso thinking of not wearing his white checkered shirt as the halloween one is... just so fakey fake. So I'd wear a Maroon t shirt, then jeans jacket (not guess but looks like it), then the vest. Guess acid washed jeans and the shoes, along with his sunglasses.

6. Vormz

Vormz Sr Member

IMG_2037.JPG

I found some Nike Court Majestic pretty easily on ebay and, to me, they look close enough.

MattgomeryBurns likes this.
  7. ColdSpike

ColdSpike New Member

That is actually pretty dang accurate. Thanks!

Vormz likes this.