Back pack mounting

4505marcel

Guys can I just ask what you would do, I have a Mr.black Bob Baggy torso and a Wolf back pack/medikit. Ive made some leather straps to hold it all, trouble is the back plate slips down the medikit side due to the weight, not much but enough that it will show badly once the canons are mounted.
Im also having a sound sysytem in the medikit so its going to get heavier, now ive brought some 25mm earth magnets, as I was gunna try and mount it that way, but im concerned they will get knocked and the pack will slip and its gunna be a real cow to line these up. Other option is to glue velcro to the skin to hold it all, which i recon is favourable. Only trouble is the Mr.black skin is very ripple on the back so theres no flat spots to get the velcro to glue nicely.

So not really sure what to do for the best.

Whats your thoughts?

you have any pics of what it looks like right now i want to give an idea but if you have down it already then there is no point in saying it

Ive not done anything yet, just straped it up with leather, the back plate is as is a fibre glass shapped plate.
Just trying to think of a way of adding velcro to a very detailed/rippled torso, no flat space to glue to, I think velcro is the best option. Didnt really want anything showing on the outside of my skin but then again wouldnt wear the skin without the back pack as it hides the zipper

You can glue the Velcro to the skin with industrial rubber cement called barge. To help secure it to the skin drop small leather rivits to each corner of the Velcro stip.. Simply drill a small hole through the Velcro and corresponding skin and insert and clamp the rivet.

and you can add latex to the area where you are going to velcro. fill in the cracks/spaces to make a flat surface. it doenst matter since it is going to be covered with velcro anyway.

although putting anything on the outside of the berserker skin makes me cringe a little. it's such a beautiful sculpt.

I know what your saying I really didnt want to glue anything on the outside, I just dont think magnets will get the hold velcro does. I did think about glueing the velcro to a pices of abs sheet say 50mm square times 2 (one each side), and then using chicargo screws or rivets and large washers on the inside of the skin or anouther piece of 50mm square ABS to fix it so no glue and the holes could then be filled if needs be later on.

Do we think that would work?

You can glue the Velcro to the skin with industrial rubber cement called barge. To help secure it to the skin drop small leather rivits to each corner of the Velcro stip.. Simply drill a small hole through the Velcro and corresponding skin and insert and clamp the rivet.

I dig the fact that you are our go-to materials scientist, George. Cheers for always helping folks.

Bryan (pred666thepain) glued the velcro to the leather and the inside of the back of the back pack.. when you put it on the stap that comes from the right fastens on the left of the back back and vice versa.. it goes nowhere...

Ive fibre glassed 2 50mm squares 20mm thick of abs plastic into the back pack, Im going to try to glue the matching velcro onto 50mm abs sheets and screw that through the skin. Should do just the job, if I decide to change the design then I will just have 8 little holes to fill with ltex. :)

George is my "on call Mr. Wizard" haha literally.

Do not take his word lightly, he has alot of hands on experience.

The Barge Cement with Velcrow sound like the way to go.

I have had good luck with elastic straps with buttons built into them. You can get metal snap buttons from any fabric store. The buttons are strong and come in kit form so you can attach them anywhere needed. All you need is a sharp punch tool of some kind and a hammer.... That and some creativity.

Goodluck buddy.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back