Back for the Future - Doc Brown

davidnagel

Sr Member
Does the new ad make this screen accurate?

docbrown2011_01.jpg

docbrown2011_02.jpg

docbrown2011_03.jpg

The use of the shirt makes me think its a shelf bought one, given it has extra black symbols on it, plus the tag on the collar.

The boots actually look quite nice here! Anyone ID them for me?

The shirt is exactly the same as in the movie. It too had the little black flowers on it. When I was creating my doc brown costume I looked everywhere for one. If anyone ever does a run of these I'll be first inline. Also that gold coat... I want it!

Now that is either a well preserved movie shirt or its a shop buy - but where!!

The coat looks like some weird faux-silk (if thats possible) dressing gown with its arms rolled up - it even looks too small for him!

I really want a pair of them sunglasses lol
Christopher Lloyd is a great actor
False silk .. hmm .. satin material?

Wow thanks David! How could I have missed that thread?
About the boots, it looks like you've got something there :thumbsup

I stole this picture from the launch party flickr feed (sorry original photographer)

Quite interesting to see that the shirt is quilted? (if thats the correct term)

The shirt is exact, don't know if you are familiar with movie clothes but the shirts and coat Doc brown wears in the 2015 scenes are 100% created from scratch for the movie, you will not be lucky scanning ebay, stores or thrift stores because the number made were minimal and exclusively for the movie.

To recreate the red shirt I bought a blank red shirt and turned it inside out (because the shirt has no visible buttons) and painted all the flowers and designs on it including the square block designs that thing on the collar isn't a tag, it's part of the shirt there are more of them on the shirt just hard to see.

I know the original gold coat was owned last I heard by the same guy that bought Griff's 2015 BMW, don't know if he sold it, but it's possible they had 2 or 3 extra, and universal could have made exact replicas just for this commercial.

The overcoat in private hands you are speaking of was the stunt one without the liner inside of it. I heard that the one on the Nike ad was the original screen used one.

Last edited:
This is a pretty old thread, so you guys obviously know by now that the shirt from the Nike commercial was not actually the same shirt used in the Back to the Future movies. Neither were the boots. If you guys are still interested in the boots, I could post a great image or two of the Nike boots and at least one good shot of the boots used in the first two movies.

This is a pretty old thread, so you guys obviously know by now that the shirt from the Nike commercial was not actually the same shirt used in the Back to the Future movies. Neither were the boots. If you guys are still interested in the boots, I could post a great image or two of the Nike boots and at least one good shot of the boots used in the first two movies.

Yes please!

And am no researcher so I didn't know that about the pieces used in the ad. Thanks!

And, from the first Back to the Future movie (color). Loads of greeblies and an antenna coming out the back of his boot...

Doc's Boots 02.jpg

and from part II (black & white). Definitely the same boots, but it's a little hard to tell if the greeblies are all still the same.

Doc's Boots 01.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back