Back armor Problem Ironman Mark 45

loreswiss

Hey guys i need a big help anyone can explain me how i can separate the 2 flaps from the entire armor ? because my stl file is a single item and idk wath use for do it.

Atm im using : Cura for print settings, Meshmixer for cut parts to print in 2 times, i have also Autodesk Fusion 360 but really idk wath to do !

my idea is to separate the 2 flaps for make them mechanical with 2 servos.

Back armor.jpg

I know the real suit is 4 flaps but for me is fine only 2.

Thanks for help !

Easiest way i would suggest is use Meshmixer, plan cut the back piece in half, save full left side and full right side, import one of the side back in and use multiple plan cut to cut out the flap shape, and separate shell, delete unwanted portion, then if any part of the flap has been separated just combine then back as one piece. But i am still new to meshmixer myself, just a suggestion. Good luck

I'm also a noob at Meshmixer, but couldn't you use the method in this video (just selecting the flap area)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Trimming in Meshmixer and then using the Separate Shells is the easiest method. The above method will work too. Don't be afraid to mess around. It's just a file and you can always start over.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back