BABYLON 5 Looking for good source for PPG and Pins

Thank you so much guys. I bought an original uniform which had been stripped of pins. As usualy you guys are a mine of information. Thanks for taking time to answer.

<div class='quotetop'>(tardis55 @ Jul 28 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]1289963[/snapback]</div>
Here's the outfit....
[/b]

I think I can help.

patches.jpg

ppg1.jpg

Here's the other one I bought. So which patch goes where....and how. The original outfits have pretty much been stripped of insignia, patches etc. Any advice gratefully recieved.

Also...I've got the PPG sorted out. Does anyone remember what Babylon 5 outfits Warner Bros. sold in 2001 on ebay?

[attachmentid=9295]here is the only BAB5 thing i own, Its made from copper and brass i think and supposed to be real deal, i got it at a weird little pub in england called pages bar in uptown london, it was years ago an it had a large sci-fi gattering there. hope its of help<div class='quotetop'>(tardis55 @ Jul 29 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]1290058[/snapback]</div>
Here's the other one I bought. So which patch goes where....and how. The original outfits have pretty much been stripped of insignia, patches etc. Any advice gratefully recieved.

Also...I've got the PPG sorted out. Does anyone remember what Babylon 5 outfits Warner Bros. sold in 2001 on ebay?
[/b]

Tardis55,
If I remember correctly, the B5 costumes sold during the 2001 auction were: Ivanova's Earth Alliance uniform top (no pants), Sheridan's and Garibaldi's "Rebirth" uniforms (like the black one you got), one of Londo's purple costumes, the shirt that G'Kar was wearing when he was tortured by Cartagia, a Starfury pilot uniform, and one of Dr. Franklin's Earth Alliance uniforms. One collector bought them all. I tried to get the Garibaldi uniform, but had to stop when the bid reached over $3500.00. :cry
SbsAgent,
You have a very nice pin, but I am sorry to say it is not the real thing. The real Psi Corp pins were made of copper and silver. The Psi Corp insignia was "dimpled" and the copper badge was smooth and had a slight curve. Here is a picture of my original, screen used Psi Corp badge.
[attachmentid=9309]
I got it directly from someone who worked on B5 for all five years, so I am 100% sure it is the real thing.

Terry

Last edited:
I have a nice metal Psi Corp badge which Walter Koenig kindly signed for me at a convention here in Brisbane many years ago. When I handed it to him, he held it and said "This is a really nice badge. Much nicer than the ones we had in the show.". It is quite heavy.

It's a pity I didn't have the Earth Alliance badge with me when I saw Michael O'Hare.

I'd like to maybe replace the Pachmayr logo on the PPG grips with some nice little Psi Corp logos. It would be nice but then displaying it with an EarthForce or Earth Alliance badge would be pointless.

These are the badges that Walter Koenig signed for me. Sorry if this pic is a bit fuzzy or if the colours don't look quite right. I was avoiding using the flash and by necessity taking pics under fluoro light.The one on the left is the official "copy". The other I got from somewhere but who remembers? It was made by Filmwelt Berlin as a licensed Warner Bros product too. I have another one somewhere. Of course the final one is my EA badge that I missed getting Michael O'Hare to sign. I thought about adding this pin or another similar one to the clear acrylic stand for the B5 PPG I'm planning to make. Maybe I should add the metal metal hand comm "link" instead. Hmmm the link might look good with the PPG.

DSCF0081s.jpg

DSCF0077s.jpg

DSCF0075s.jpg

DSCF0082s.jpg

Apologies if these pics are a bit big.

You have a very nice pin, but I am sorry to say it is not the real thing. The real Psi Corp pins were made of copper and silver. The Psi Corp insignia was "dimpled" and the copper badge was smooth and had a slight curve.

Last edited:
Oh my lord I wish you could remember where you got those badges. I'm looking for something like those for an event this year. I've found instructions for creating them out of resin, but I'm not terribly knowledgable when it comes to that stuff, so I'm hoping to requisition a pin instead of trying my hand at making it right now. Limited on time and all that jazz.

At least now, I know what to look for when I scour markets!

Oh my lord I wish you could remember where you got those badges. I'm looking for something like those for an event this year. I've found instructions for creating them out of resin, but I'm not terribly knowledgable when it comes to that stuff, so I'm hoping to requisition a pin instead of trying my hand at making it right now. Limited on time and all that jazz.

At least now, I know what to look for when I scour markets!

The proper copy one was an Official Babylon 5 Fan Club purchase I think. The other one I have the feeling that I picked it up at a con. The one with the non-standard logo is still a product licensed by JMS though. He said he didn't notice at the time he signed the paperwork that the logo was not "standard". He also said that within the show they did end up using a couple of variations of it.

Starbase Atlanta sells a whole bunch of B5 uniform patches and Earth Alliance and Ranger badges and stuff.

eBay Seller: starbase-atlanta: babylon 5, Collectables items on eBay Australia

Plus they have a couple of PSi Corp badges though they aren't the right ones. Still in a pinch .....

eBay Seller: starbase-atlanta: babylon 5 psi, Collectables items on eBay Australia

There is this one from New York on ebay too

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Babylon-5-PSI-CORPS-Enamel-Replica-Logo-Insignia-PIN-/390210322291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ada58ff73

Somewhere the other day when I was searching for something online I came across a webpage where a guy showed how he cast his PSI Corp badge from pewter.

http://www.donjarrs-place.com/07-making-stuff-b5-psi

Last edited:
I have one of the Earth Alliance badges that Starbase Atlanta sells now as well and it is not quite the same as the original one I bought. I don't think it's as nice or as well made but I will probably be using it in the aluminium carrying case for the PPG possibly along with the metal wrist "link" communicator I have. I will be keeping the PPG in the case at least until I have mad ethe clear acrylic stand for it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back