Babyface Axe

sirbrad

Sr Member
Been awhile since I made a cardboard axe from scratch, but got this commission for a Babyface axe (The Hills Run Red) which is my first, and similar to the part 8 fire axe I did except I did not use red on the blade. Also made some "bloody chunks" on the axe and may add some hair if I have any left. About 80% done still got to add thicker blood. Handle was brand new and light white so I made it look more like aged wood as with my last plastic one. May do a Babyface costume sometime as well.

Thanks, it is a commission for a costume. But may be able to be used for a lifesized with a plastic handle, as I believe wood would be too heavy, but may work if you connected it with something.

Added thicker blood and blood soaked hair, looks a little lighter and brighter than it is due to all the red. Looks like the axe was just pulled from a fresh head.

Got the nasty bloody chunks with hair complete. Damn I got to make one of these for myself now for the future costume lol.

that a cardboard axehead?

never-mind i apparently don't know how to read the original post. herp derp

Last edited:
Yeah I have made cardboard replicas for a long time, they look even more real in person and hold up in bright light. But I love how they look at night. I started making my own weapons as a kid due to limited cash, so my creativity blossomed. I also repaint plastic axes and may be making some resin and rubber ones later.

Last edited:
i'm just never a fan of how you can see the corrugation markings on cardboard after they get painted. its definitely creative though. i'm digging the chunks of hair and stuff in the blood. :)

Yeah I use smooth and medium thick cardboard, but you you can't see the lines from a distance, and not all in low lighting. It is even harder with all the weathering. I have done some that were bigger so no lines were visible, but more difficult to fit the handle without a lot of tape. But dry there are no lines visible if you don't have to bend it. It is a complicated process. But I never seen anyone make them like I do, and only did it out of necessity as I said, and they are great for costuming and 100% safe and light. Everyone always asks me if my axes are real at my events, and I mostly do New Blood style axes which are darker brown and blacks, and hide the cardboard even more so. But as I said I want to do replicas out of resin, foam, or rubber eventually. But these are a good alternative to the crappy plastic ones in stores which I also repaint. I have a thread here of some I did, also did a Creeper ones awhile back that came out great.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/chucky-knife-jason-axe-scores-128444/

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back