Baby Yoda Prop Build

kermet

Sr Member
Okay, here I go again guys just after finishing the Mandalorian now I am starting a full size baby Yoda, I will include a lot of the build and sculpting process which I didn't as I did work on Mando, so you will see each step of the process of this build and I will try and slow down a bit. Like I said this is something that happens as I am sculpting and get into some kinda zone and Bam it is done but I will slow my roll on this process and show work in process so out to the shop I go Enjoy

Okay, here I go again guys just after finishing the Mandalorian now I am starting a full size baby Yoda, I will include a lot of the build and sculpting process which I didn't as I did work on Mando, so you will see each step of the process of this build and I will try and slow down a bit. Like I said this is something that happens as I am sculpting and get into some kinda zone and Bam it is done but I will slow my roll on this process and show work in process so out to the shop I go Enjoy
Definitely subbed! I'm working on the same thing right now so I'd love to compare notes!!!

Okay Starlord Here is what I've been doing today and I really wish I could get this done next day early next week say Tuesday or Wed. we will see I figured baby Yoda to be about 18 inches tall so here is whats happening now Enjoy
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG
i really didn't want this to be to rough of a cut so I just used the jig saw to cut the board in half
IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
So at this point I had to stop and make a run totally outView attachment 1250565 of hot glue
IMG_0177.JPG
Okay at this point I cut the tube down to 18 inches
IMG_0178.JPG
I really needed these so next I cut some braces to hold the tube a bit stronger
IMG_0179.JPG
so sorry had a bit of shake with my hands so now I hot glue all this
IMG_0180.JPG
and now I foil up this and kinda start shaping
IMG_0181.JPG
So at this point I got to thinking his ears are quite big and I didn't want them to start sagging once clay was being put on so I did this to help
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
Now lots more foil sculpting to get a basic shape
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG
Okay this is about where I want to be at this point he is kinda starting to look a little like baby Yoda so now its off to the sculpting table and lots of clay going on I will post a update after while see what he looks like later so Enjoy

Aright got a good coat of clay done and bout dry so once this is all hard I will start main sculpting he is still a bit rough but just wait its still early and I have some shop time left Enjoy and this is still only the day one
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG

Well I have closed shop for the day man I have sculpted like five diff faces tore off redo done it enough times to the point I just had to walk away give it some study and thinking time about three faces was super good but I just wasn't happy with it so early start in the morning and should have a baby Yoda by night fall then epoxy then primer then paint so may be Monday or Tuesday complete really only thing worth this evening was he has him some nice ears Thanks till morning

Okay just to let you guys know something about this clay, I Hate it! here is how this clay is its like sculpting with cake icing or thick cake batter but when it drys you cant break it I rolled up a ball of it once dry did a test by slaming it as hard as I could on to the floor what happened It bounced up to the shop ceiling and broke out a shop light and didn't even put a mark or scratch on it but woe is me I have sculpteed like three more faces and came out with this one now to move on to the hands so here you go
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
Okay still got some refining to do tweek some areas I haven't heat dryed him yet so he will still be workable in the morning yep if I had me some good clay like monster or some other clays I could really do some sculpting but this clay is free and drys like I said super hard well I will be finishing him up like may be in the afternoon and ready for paint Monday and all done Monday should be well see ENJOY

Okay long day in the shop bit I now have a baby Yoda ready for primer and paint should have this done late Monday so here ya go
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG
I had to fatten up his fingers because they was a bit skinny
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG
Here he's been in front of the heater for bout 1 hour still a bit more heat in the morning then paint so may have a painted up baby Yoda by afternoon Monday Enjoy

Shoot I'm already thinking up my next project lol but I have to be getting the BMF falco finished up as well when Baby Yoda was being heated up I was cutting parts, wow always cutting or clay some kinda build of something I'm thinking on going on and starting my Imperial probe droid half studio scale also got a couple graflex light sabers to build as well all electronics and may be a crystal chamber show lots of stuff on the bench always busy doing like three projects or more at once but you only live once so till Monday Enjoy

Okay, went out to the shop got the big heater fired up and place baby Yoda in front of it for some curing but before I did this I did some refining also put his cuffs on his coat did a bit more work on him which I will share this after noon got all my colors ready and epoxy then primer and then paint should be done with this evening post so be watching baby Yoda is coming

Okay, went out to the shop got the big heater fired up and place baby Yoda in front of it for some curing but before I did this I did some refining also put his cuffs on his coat did a bit more work on him which I will share this after noon got all my colors ready and epoxy then primer and then paint should be done with this evening post so be watching baby Yoda is coming
Awesome!

Okay guys didn't get him painted up like I wanted between coats trying to get the rite green wasn't good as well as me trying to wire up a graflex light saber and all at once he comes my 3 year old grandson yep he wanted to help paint baby Yoda too and help do some soldering but I got him entertained with something else in the shop nothing like some clay and a 3 year old also I did get a coat of green but this is like 10 diff green's I need to do some resarch on this green but let me know about this green I should have him done on Tuesday rats almost got him done today but with the extra sculpting I did this morning took a bit more cure time but here is where I am atm need some imput on this green
IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0216.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0228.JPG
All the green on his collar is the first green reason its on his collar you guessed grandson but this green did look like one of the screen shots I have of him so next picture I turned out the one bright light above him so here he is less light
IMG_0230.JPG
My thinking way too green like I said 10 diff greens might have to start again I want rite so more painting ahead Enjoy

Okay guys didn't get him painted up like I wanted between coats trying to get the rite green wasn't good as well as me trying to wire up a graflex light saber and all at once he comes my 3 year old grandson yep he wanted to help paint baby Yoda too and help do some soldering but I got him entertained with something else in the shop nothing like some clay and a 3 year old also I did get a coat of green but this is like 10 diff green's I need to do some resarch on this green but let me know about this green I should have him done on Tuesday rats almost got him done today but with the extra sculpting I did this morning took a bit more cure time but here is where I am atm need some imput on this green View attachment 1251655View attachment 1251656View attachment 1251657View attachment 1251658View attachment 1251659View attachment 1251661View attachment 1251662View attachment 1251663 All the green on his collar is the first green reason its on his collar you guessed grandson but this green did look like one of the screen shots I have of him so next picture I turned out the one bright light above him so here he is less light View attachment 1251664 My thinking way too green like I said 10 diff greens might have to start again I want rite so more painting ahead Enjoy
I'm thinking probably a softer lighter shade of green.

I'm thinking the same thing the green on his collar is softer but a bit blueish and did look good, I guess I'm kinda at a experimenting stage which I have been there before and Tuesday will be a better day wont have a 3 year old running around the shop getting into everything but man I love the little fella and he loves what I do making stuff don't mind him being there but you got to watch lots of stuff they can get into and I have 5 other grandsons and just found out I going to get my first granddaughter dang I wont know how to act with a little girl running around so study and research being done on this green and one screen grab I got the light is kinda shining through his ears this is the grab where he looks a bit blueish green well thanks very much for the imput and I did finish up the saber with a little help LOL Enjoy

I'm thinking the same thing the green on his collar is softer but a bit blueish and did look good, I guess I'm kinda at a experimenting stage which I have been there before and Tuesday will be a better day wont have a 3 year old running around the shop getting into everything but man I love the little fella and he loves what I do making stuff don't mind him being there but you got to watch lots of stuff they can get into and I have 5 other grandsons and just found out I going to get my first granddaughter dang I wont know how to act with a little girl running around so study and research being done on this green and one screen grab I got the light is kinda shining through his ears this is the grab where he looks a bit blueish green well thanks very much for the imput and I did finish up the saber with a little help LOL Enjoy
Cool! Can't wait to see more!

Also congrats on the future granddaughter!

Okay been another day on the shop this time with grand results the green I left last night dry'ed a softer shade which I made a bit more softer so now here is what everyone has watched for a completed baby Yoda Thanks to everyone and your comments much thankful for the love so with that being said ENJOY
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG
IMG_0234.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_0236.JPG
IMG_0237.JPG
Well thats a wrap on this one now on to finish up the BMF legacy collection falcon and then probe droid? we will see stay tuned

Okay been another day on the shop this time with grand results the green I left last night dry'ed a softer shade which I made a bit more softer so now here is what everyone has watched for a completed baby Yoda Thanks to everyone and your comments much thankful for the love so with that being said ENJOYView attachment 1251904View attachment 1251905View attachment 1251906View attachment 1251907View attachment 1251909View attachment 1251910View attachment 1251911 Well thats a wrap on this one now on to finish up the BMF legacy collection falcon and then probe droid? we will see stay tuned
looks great!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back